We're breaking up and I'm scared

Brunettebabe

I've been with my other half for just over a year. I love him more than I've ever loved anyone in my life. I don't know how or why it just happened. I've done relationship's before and I never felt like this.

I know it's coming to an end i know from hoe hes acting and it's just fizzling out. He's hard to talk to so I'm alone in dealing with it before it happens.

He's been a huge part of my life since before we got together. We've spoken every single day. He lives 70 miles away from me so it will be easier not bumping into him on the street. But how do you cope with never having them in your life again. The thought of not talking to him makes me feel sick and heartbroken, he's been my rock for so long that I'd be lost without him. My heart hurts

It's rough, it's scary, it's messy and it's very painful. The best advice I can give you is to find healthy coping mechanisms to deal with the loss. Meditation, introspection, working out, eating healthy, sleeping, reading, learning new skills, etc. You were ok before you met him, you will be ok after he's gone, it just takes time. Go through the emotions and the pain, work through the suffering and day by day you'll get better. There is no easy short cut in this, if there was, we would all be telling you how to do it. Stay strong.

It's going to be tough. Jeetsun gave great advice. It's been almost six months for me and I have been doing better. Time really helps. I still think of her daily but it's not obessive anymore and the thought usually passes. It hurt to read "how do you cope with never having them in your life again." REading that reminded me of the pain I had early on and made me realize how far I've come. Everyone is different, but it will get better.

Archived