Liking someone you can't have..

Jemima

The past few months I have had feelings for a guy at my work. It started out as a little crush, but has slowly developed more and more to the point where I always think about him, have dreams I am having sex with him, etc.

He has a partner that I found out about through another colleague (he has mentioned her to me probably once since). From what I have felt and seen of him and his partner, they don't look that into each other (but maybe they just aren't affectionate in public?) I don't talk to other guys in the hope that him and his partner will break up, and I can tell him how I feel. But i know they might have a happy relationship for all I know, and it is just my optimism thinking it is average.

I know him and I would be great together, we have great chemistry, and he is just an all round good person. I also know he finds me attractive, likes working with me, likes me as a person.

How do you get over someone you don't want to get over? I am going insane. I just cant stop thinking about him and even just seeing his face completely makes my day. Help!

This seems like a fixation. You shouldn't put your life on hold and stop talking with other guys just because of an unavailable man. It's not up to you to know if they are into the other or not nor should you be analysing that. You need to move on. It's ok to have crushes, but don't stand there waiting for him to break up with his girlfriend or you might wait longer than you should and you'll be missing great opportunities with great available men with whom you can have real and fulfilling relationships. Even if they were to break up one day, you wouldn't want to be a rebound ready to jump in as soon as he's single. Besides he's a coworker and that's dangerous territory. Try to snap out of the fantasy, but if you can't for now, at least keep dating other guys and reduce contact with him as much as you can so that you can move on.

Archived