Applied Internationally

I saw a job that would be a great use of my education and skills, it's overseas. I know I would need to get a work visa, truth is I think I have a really good chance of being selected, I know someone in charge on a personal level. I inquired with him if he thought I should apply, he was pleased. But I know nothing about international work visa stuff, where do I begin? How long does it take? What do I need to know? I looked up housing, they have seemingly affordable furnished rentals. As far as my daughter she's older now and weekend visits aren't happening like they were. I'd be better off taking her for a week here or there, my ex cut my visitation and she's very involved in school, extracurriculars, etc. I'm either a broke American or an well employed European.

My therapist says I need to remove my mom's negative influence from my life. What better way!?!?!

Jetta.

As regards the visa, you go to the consulate in your country (nearest city usually), by that I mean the consulate of the country to which you intend to travel and where you will be staying. You may be able to email the consulate and ask for visa requirements. You may be required to go to the consulate in person, for identification and other purposes.

That is how it is done.

Reach out to a recruiter at the company as a prospective applicant and ask about the process for visas as an international worker. They could be able to talk you through it. Maybe they can "sponsor" you or something. If they are advertising the job in the US, surely they must have some experience with people coming from overseas to work.

Definitely ask them first. I would not make any plans on your own without figuring out the visa bit first and making sure it's feasible. If they really want you, they will help you get there.

Reach out to a recruiter at the company as a prospective applicant and ask about the process for visas as an international worker. They could be able to talk you through it. Maybe they can "sponsor" you or something. If they are advertising the job in the US, surely they must have some experience with people coming from overseas to work.

Definitely ask them first. I would not make any plans on your own without figuring out the visa bit first and making sure it's feasible. If they really want you, they will help you get there.

Thanks fudgie

Weird horoscope. It even says time for a big change thinking of moving internationally. Found furnished places. But of course have lots of questions now.

Archived