Interested or just nice?

OmniaMea

Hi, I met a guy at a punk show on Saturday. I was towards the front and talking to people around me and it included a guy to my left. In addition to chatting, we would look at each other and smile from time to time. We talked a lot and he protected me from the roughness of the crowd by holding on to one of my arms to support me when I got bumped by people. He also held my hand briefly a couple times as if to say "I'm here" and brushed hands. We talked during the set and he said he's glad to protect me. When the show got out, we hugged and I thanked him.

He sent me a Facebook friend request afterwards since we had exchanged contact info and I had given him permission. I don't know whether or not he liked me or just wanted to be friends, so I was okay with either one. Since then, he's asked me about visiting his town for a festival, called me "sweet" and "smart", asked me about myself, given book recommendations, etc. I've been wrong about these things before. He was very gentlemanly and polite, so part of me leans towards just being nice to a lady. On the other hand, he clearly wants to see me again, held my hand, touched my arm, winky and smiley faces...

He seems a bit old-fashioned, but not in a prude way. He was very respectful and hasn't said or done anything I have a problem with. Does it sound like he likes me or maybe just really outgoing?

He seems pretty nice and I enjoyed talking with him and getting the attention after a long dry spell. I'm not sure I necessarily want it to go super far since he's from out of state. About a 4-hour drive from me. It's doable for a lot of people, but not for me for a few reasons. Though maybe I'd give it a shot to the extent possible if I could be sure he likes me and I wasn't just reading too far into things.

He seems pretty nice and I enjoyed talking with him and getting the attention after a long dry spell. I'm not sure I necessarily want it to go super far since he's from out of state. About a 4-hour drive from me. It's doable for a lot of people, but not for me for a few reasons. Though maybe I'd give it a shot to the extent possible if I could be sure he likes me and I wasn't just reading too far into things.

Hmm... I'm sensing some trepidation in your response. Four hours is a haul, at least IMO. Some folks may say it's not a big deal, and that you could meet half way. I suppose you can chat with him to see if there is a spark and some interest. But if your gut is telling you not to pursue things, then perhaps there's no reason to waste anyone's time.

Hmm...you're probably right. Plus, it's hard to tell "chivalrous" vs "interest" these days. Thanks!

This is true. You probably could have found out if he was closer. However if LDR isn't your thing, I don't blame you for not pursuing things further.

Yeah. Maybe I shouldn't be too hasty to write him off since we could meet halfway somewhere. We're FB friends so it doesn't hurt to keep talking to him. It's just hard for me to tell when a guy likes me because I'm one of those people who's friends with a lot of guys. Never one that's held my hand or arm though, lol.

This is true. You probably could have found out if he was closer. However if LDR isn't your thing, I don't blame you for not pursuing things further.

Archived