Am I overreacting?

Shambles

I have been with my boyfriend for 9 months and it has been wonderful, however I have recently started to get feelings of jealousy after his frequent communication with a mutual follower on Twitter. He often tells her, in public, that he's there if she needs to talk as she always posts sad tweets. He's also expressed to me his desire to "go see her and give her a hug". But I've been trying to brush it of, because he is naturally a kind person.

His most recent tweet to her was a few hours ago where he said "Your selfies are just too good I just"

Which really made me feel jealous and a bit upset. Ever since I've been a bit cold with him. I know he will still be attracted to other women, it's natural, however he seems to be flirting which feels wrong to me.

Am I overreacting? or are my feeling warranted? I don't agree with the jealous girlfriend type, and am afraid I am becoming it. Also I don't want to bring it up in case it causes unnecessary friction between us. But I can't shift this lump in my chest.

Any advice?

You didn't have me until he started flirting about her pictures. I honestly thought the first part I read he was being just friendly. If you can't address something that is bothering you with him then there is no healthy communication. He should know how you feel, he can't read your mind! So he won't understand why you are being cold and distant.

Lisa

You didn't have me until he started flirting about her pictures. I honestly thought the first part I read he was being just friendly. If you can't address something that is bothering you with him then there is no healthy communication. He should know how you feel, he can't read your mind! So he won't understand why you are being cold and distant.

Lisa

Yes that's very true. I'll definitely have a chat with him tomorrow. It's the first time I've been in a relationship and it's the first time anything like this has occurred in the whole 9 months.

Thank you so much

You need to talk to him. You could just say something to the extent of, I know you are a kind person and you are just being friendly to so on so, but the flirty tweets regarding the selfies really bothers me.

That's it, you are just letting him know how you feel about it. It's better than letting it bottle up inside. Our minds think of all sorts of weird things when we are jealous. Then we start to think things are bigger than it actually is. Just clear the air with him. I think it will be fine.

Also, being cold and distant without letting him know what's going on is considered "passive-aggressive", it's not a good on your end.

Lisa

I agree. Social media is seriously sooo bad for relationships. and it has nothing to do with being insecure, jealous, or having any issues. Social media can cause relationship anxiety to the most solid and secure couples.

Archived