Breaking up with boyfriend dilemma

Emski30

Need some advice please

So last month me and my boyfriend broke up, we had been together 2 1/2 years. At first the relationship was great! Lots of fun and felt very happy. After a year had passed he asked me to move in with him, at the time he had a lot of issues with alcohol ect. He started to going at all the time with his friends and wouldn't come home and it really started making me feel unloved. He told me it would be different when we live together. I took the plunge and for the last year and a half it got worse, we argued so much and I just felt the relationship was not what I wanted. We both clung onto the good times. I wanted to start a family and settle down and he still wanted to go out partying ( all the time) bearing in mind he's 27. Anyways, we had quite a messy break up, during this time a guy from work started showing me interest, we was always close and really got on well. We've started seeing each other but he is still living with his mum of his children. He says he's always wanted me and wants to make a future together. I feel very happy, and he shows me love and attention like no one has before. Do you think this is lust? Or a rebound or could it generally turn into something? On the other hand my ex is begging me back and to give him another chance?? What do I do? I feel like I'm stuck 🙄

Sorry to hear this. Don't jump from the frying pan to the fire. Why go from party animal to a guy living with his "ex"? Don't date coworkers.

It sounds like you are in fun casual mode and not serious about relationships yet if you choose party guys and taken guys.

Both are not going to give you the marriage, family, etc you want. Start with a clean slate and be alone for a while to reflect rather than jump from one dead end situation to the next. When you are ready, date men who fit your criteria and are not alcoholics or currently living with partners.

he is still living with his mum of his children.
Sorry to hear this. Don't jump from the frying pan to the fire. Why go from party animal to a guy living with his "ex"? Don't date coworkers.

It sounds like you are in fun casual mode and not serious about relationships yet if you choose party guys and taken guys.

Both are not going to give you the marriage, family, etc you want. Start with a clean slate and be alone for a while to reflect rather than jump from one dead end situation to the next. When you are ready, date men who fit your criteria and are not alcoholics or currently living with partners.

This.

OP, neither of these men is a good candidate for a relationship. They both have too many serious issues they need to sort out before they attempt dating.

The first guy is a dead end and it sounds like you know it. The second guy hard to say, because you have not said why he is living with his ex(?) partner. But I doubt there is a good reason, and unless there is a really, really good one, stay well away of that one as well.

Archived