My boyfriend came too quickly

lalaokay

Recently my boyfriend has been finishing too quickly (under two minutes). This confuses me because in the past, this has not been a problem at all. His timing in the past has been perfectly fine and certainly long enough. But the latest two times we've hooked up, he has finished in under two minutes.

The most recent time, I could really see it bothered him. He was in the worst mood after finishing and left my apartment pretty soon after hooking up.

Is there anything I can/should say to him? I don't want him to be embarrassed, but I also want to fix the problem. I'm also confused because I thought finishing in under two minutes was a medical condition but in the past he has performed well.

I thought finishing in under two minutes was a medical condition

It's typically not, some guys are just inexperienced or don't practice. It's probably a temporary thing but if it keeps happening then I would worry. Also, you should be comfortable talking to your boyfriend about this at this point.

You might want to let him have more control of positions, movements, that kind of thing. It can be hard for a guy to slow things down when GF hits the right spot. He has to figure out a position that doesn't work for him but works for you, go there when he feels he needs to slow it down. This has only happened twice, don't make him feel stressed about it either. Keep in mind, he's probably trying to think about all kinds of things that turn him off so he doesn't go off early too, it can suck sometimes, spending all this energy trying to not go off and doing so anyway.

If it's too soon, you can always wait maybe half an hour and try again.

Is there anything I can/should say to him? I don't want him to be embarrassed, but I also want to fix the problem. I'm also confused because I thought finishing in under two minutes was a medical condition but in the past he has performed well.

If you are trying to have him develop performance anxiety, you are doing an excellent job of it.

He's a human being, not a battery operated boyfriend.

If you are trying to have him develop performance anxiety, you are doing an excellent job of it.

He's a human being, not a battery operated boyfriend.

I don't understand this response, Raoul. She hasn't said anything and is asking how best to handle it. Your jump to characterization is...uhm...premature.

Stop turning your boyfriend on so much haha ... Be very light hearted about the situation and don't get upset with him. There is an exercise he can do to help him control when he cums. When he is pee'ing, halfway through his pee, he stops. Then he starts again and stops. This will train a muscle down there to help him control when he cums. Look it up online. I did the same exercise as a young lad and it worked like a charm.

In case you are wondering, I heard the suggestion above on a sex talk radio show before the internet was around. I think it was the Dr Ruth Show or Dr Sue.

You don't mention his age, but if he's under 25 or so and has no sexual experience, it's not surprising that he finishes fast. Actual intercourse feels so much better than masturbation, guys can take awhile to get used to the new, increased sensation, and to learn to prolong their orgasm. If you're going to be in a sexual relationship, you may as well start being open and honest with each other right now. Just tell him that it's okay, and that you understand, and that you want to work on it.

Practice, practice, practice is the way. Get used to each other. Avoid too much foreplay. Maybe have him finish another way, then in an hour or so try the traditional way. After a guy finishes, he can't finish again at all for awhile (it's called a refractory period) then if he tries soon after, it takes longer. Experiment.

Archived