25 not sure if I can commit!

ethojam

Ok, so this is my first post on this forum...I'm not sure where else will work as an outlet so here goes.

Just to try and briefly take you through a history of this relationship, when I was 21, in my first few months at uni I met a girl in my halls (she lived opposite me) I didn't notice her immediately, but when we hung out we fell completely in love pretty quickly, and consequently during alot of my freshers year (4 years ago) I was with this girl (who was 2nd year). Anyway in my 2nd year (her 3rd year) she was on placement and got a job in our uni town so that we could stay close, and we got a place together. Pretty heavy stuff but we were totally in love so it made sense. During this year we got on well...but I started to become aware of how I was at uni and I other than the first month or so i'd only done the whole single uni thing briefly, plus she was working so we weren't going out together often. Anyway we made the decision whilst living together not to live together the next 'year' (our final year)

The first day she moved back to our uni town I broke up with her. Anyway the feelings remained strong so even though we 'saw' other people (I know she didn't sleep with anyone else') we continued to see each other and as my friends commented, I suppose we were basically boyfriend and girlfriend without the title)

So we graduated 2008, she got a job in the city and I moved home. We didn't see each other for a couple of months, but spoke nearly every day, and then were seeing each other every 3/4 weeks.

Fast forward to February 2009, and she starts giving me messages that she doesn't want to do this anymore (which being a guy, I manage to not pick up on) Anyway after directly asking me the question "do you see us together?" to which I say "no" she meets someone on Valentines day, and starts seeing him (not sleeping with him) but even though she says her feelings have changed she's still calling me most days.

Anyway this serves as a massive wake up call, and I do everything in my power to get her back, and after about a month when i'm almost ready to give up (with a little help from my friends and a few nights out) she tells me she still loves me and we should see how things go, and by April we're together (still living in different places though)

Anyway we go on holiday in August 2009, and we fall out and break up. But we still see each other all the time, and a month later I get a job nearby, and we see each other more frequently.

So we're now in November 2010! She has basically said this is ridiculous, and wants us to either sort this out or we should look around more (we know it's unrealistic to say we're not going to see each other, we're too close)

So I guess the problem is, I know I love her, I always have, and I could see us having a future together, I mean she's my best friend...but I still feel like i'm too young. Maybe it's the fact we lived together at 21 and it was serious which scares me, but i'm just so reluctant to go back in, and very confused about the whole thing!

Archived