very worried about boyfriend's health

This is what's been happening with my boyfriend lately. It has me extremely alarmed.

-He can't sleep anymore...he lays in bed for hours in the night without sleeping, so he stays awake until 10 or 11 in the MORNING until he is extremely tired and then crashes until 4 or 5 in the afternoon, then goes to work.

-He reported coughing blood in his phlegm two days ago. He has had a chronic cough for about 2 weeks, he was sick two weeks ago.

-Last night, we went to a concert for his birthday. We spent 4 hours being shoved and pushed around with the mosh pits and crowd-surfing without getting any type of water or beverage at all. When the concert was over, his lips were purple, almost blue. He says it's because he was dehydrated. But the other people we were hanging out with were dehydrated as well, and their lips were normal. He was in the very front row, undoubtedly getting the most jostling and exerting more energy than the rest of us, who were in the back.

A little background information as well...my boyfriend is a smoker. He has smoked for about 8 years. He quit in the midst of this time period but went back to it. He is also allergic to pet dander and pet hair. It causes him to get red, watery eyes, and sneeze a lot. He has had a history of sleeping issues but never this bad. Usually he would only stay up until 2 or 3 AM, now it is a constant struggle for him to get to bed anytime before 10AM, which is very alarming. He is under an immense amount of stress with his new job which he hates, and the money situation he is in (he owes his parents 400$ that they loaned him to make ends meet last month). He had a kidney stone last month and it has since passed. He seems tired and withdrawn a lot of the time. His family also has a history of diabetes I think on his mothers side. And the worst part is, he has no health insurance. None. He still has to pay his $3,000 hospital bill from having the kidney stone, and he is refusing to see a doctor about his current coughing up blood situation because he cant afford it. I'm trying to help him and I don't know where to turn. I'm worried sick about him.

If anyone has any help or advice, please let me know. I know we arent doctors on here but this is the last thing I can think of to try and get answers. Thanks.

Archived