Your thoughts

gjacksong

My ex and I have been broken up for 9 months. 1 month of NC. I still love her and hope that we can reconcile in the near future. However, she has told me repeatably that there is no chance and that all she wants for me is to be happy. I don't know why she would say something like that. It would appear if an ex wants you to fall in love with someone else that they are completely over you. Now she could be just saying that because she has had me on a string for the last little while. Do you think if I continue NC that it will spark a renewed interest for me? We were together for 5 years. At one point she wanted to marry me. I just dont understand how she can jump from relationship to relationship. She has never been single. I keep thinking that the guy she is with will marry her and have a wonderful life together. I know, its bad to think like that.

At what point does one just give up. I have no idea how she feels about me anymore. I mean, if she still had feelings for me would she contact me? Maybe I'm just over analyzing things.

she has told me repeatably that there is no chance and that all she wants for me is to be happy. QUOTE]

This doesn't make sense. She wants you to be happy, but you WOULD be happy if she wanted to make things work. Sounds like SHE'S the one who wants to be happy, but is turning it around on you to sound like a generous person.

Maybe she is the kind of person who gets bored easily. It sounds like one of those "It's not you, it's me" situations.

I'm so sorry you are still hurting. Take as long as you need and take care of yourself.

Archived