" I will think about it "

Anathema001

So i asked this girl out. I planned to go with her to a bal on wednesday ! ( one she really likes ) I thought it was a good move since she was showing some interest since a few days. Usually, i tend to miss alot of occasions because am to shy to make the first move but I didn't want to miss out another chance. So i asked ...

but then she seemed like confused at first. She told me she would think about it because she only goes out in the weekend and never in the week. To me it feels like an excuse for not going out with me. Can't she just say yes or no ? Maybe she doesn't want to hurt my feelings and say no in a subtile way but since I suck at subtility I think I didn't got the message.

Some background info: When we are together we always have fun, we always tease eachother and always have something to tell. But its never been farther then that.

About her: Even tough she's very good looking and about 20 y. old she never had a boyfriend. Maybe that could be a reason aswel.

Anyway my question was: Did a girl ever come up with an "excuse" like this one ? Is it a subtile way to say no or do you think I should try to ask her out in the weekend instead of the week.

You are within your rights to expect an immediate "yes" or "no" to a date request with few exceptions unless you are asking at the last minute (and you should almost never be asking at the last minute). It takes all of ten seconds to pull up one's plans for a certain day or to look at a calendar. If a woman says "let me get back to you," and I don't hear back by the end of the working day, or within 1 hour if I ask at night, I will rescind the invitation in a tactful way and will not ask the woman out again. If she's young and has to get permission or rearrange something logistically, she should say so, and then you should cut her more slack as the situation requires.

She shouldn't be involving you in the decision-making process in any way, your job is to ask her out, hers to say "yes" or "no." If she seems to want to be persuaded by you, she will likely give you troubles in other ways. The above applies when the woman is doing the asking also.

To me it sounds like she's blowing you off, and here's why: If she was genuinely interested in going out with you and really did not go out during the week (which sounds like a bunch of smack anyway), she would take the initiative to say something like: "Oh I'd love to but I just can't durning the week, can I take a raincheck and do something on the weekend with you?" This sounds more like someone who is interested rather than saying: "Um let me think about it I don't really go out during the week" with a confused look. I don't think she's interested to tell you the truth.

In my opinion, when a girl says "I'll think about" it usually means no, unless she has nothing better to do. Dont wait up for her to call you or hit you up about it, dont even expect her to. If she does then just be casual about it and dont even bring up the evening you were planning.

Archived