Alright. I need conversation tips!

Aaron20b

Of course this take places online for now but I been to a few dating sites and got a few emails so now I can talk to a few girls.

So I just need to know what things I should talk about and what I should ask her and stuff and please tell me what I should avoid saying if I ever want a meeting/date or even a phone number

Thanks!

Stick to the general topics at first. Favorite color.... Interests.... College major.... Music... Sports... Family... Career...

Establish a common ground. You can talk effortlessy and build a strong rapport if you have atleast one good thign in common. Once you have a familiarity established, go deeper. I always like to throw them off guard with a question like "So where do you see yourself in 10 years?" Works every time.

Avoid talking about yourself too much. Gear it towards her. Don't delve too deep into any topic. Once you know her favorite color or where she works, move on. It's okay to dig a little bit, but be genuinely interested. Listening, letting her talk about herself, and body language are your golden tickets to the chocolate factory, my friend.

Edit: Here's a tip to save you some trouble down the road. Avoid profiles where women say they have children, where they have pictures of them with friends, or ones who sa ythey've been divorced or just got out of a relationship. Stick to profiles with a brief description, plain page, and a few pics with just them. Those will get you solid results.

"So where do you see yourself in 10 years?"

aaaaaahhhh!!! I hate that question. I have no idea! the future is so open.

Edit: Here's a tip to save you some trouble down the road. Avoid profiles where women say they have children, where they have pictures of them with friends, or ones who sa ythey've been divorced or just got out of a relationship. Stick to profiles with a brief description, plain page, and a few pics with just them. Those will get you solid results.

unless you don't mind women with children. I think when you hit a certain age, it is unavoidable (for example, people in their 40s). however, if you are a young guy, yes, it's simpler to date people without children. (but i must say, I know some terrific women who are single mothers)

photos of friends - one group photo for me is ok, but not more than that! and no photos of them with what seem to be exes or admirers. ewwwww. but I definitely agree about not dating people who say in their profile that they are fresh out of a relationship. they are in need of a shoulder to cry on or a rebound relationship more than a date.

Otherwise, I agree - stick to general conversation topics - where are you from, hobbies, favorite things to do on a weekend, last vacation, where do you want to go on vacation, what kinds of sports do you like....? etc....

avoid talking about your exes, past relationships, drug problems, problems with the law, bad luck in dating/love, bad luck with online dating, etc......

Conversation is my biggest hurdle too. That's usually why I don't dare to talk to a girl in the first place fully knowing that even if she accepts a first date I'll have to converse.

I think the last thing to do is to prepare a question list. Even if you avoid talking about yourself too much you'll end up talking about her (as in asking way too many questions) ans she'll feel it's a police interview.

That's why I think if there is not already some natural conversation going on automatically from day 1 then a first date will definitely be awkward.

Archived