What does it REALLY mean to accept something that you can't change andto let go?

xXNoRegretsXx

Hey guys.

I was wondering, how do you really accept something and let it go?

I've recently lost someone, and no matter how hard i tried to push to fix it, he just wouldn't budge. I even asked for one last conversation to get closure, so that i can be at peace, but i was again ignored. I told myself to accept the fact that he gone and to let go. I keep telling myself that, but it seems like it's not helping because i keep dwelling on the situation and thinking of ways to get him to talk, even though i know he won't.

I want to accept the fact that our friendship is over and i want to let go, but it's like my heart won't allow it.

Any advice?

How do you really let go and accept the hard hurtful fact and stop dwelling on something that will never change?

Hi,

It sounds like you are well on your way. It takes some time. There are no easy answers.

Basically you have to surrender and trust in the universe. Trust that everything happens for your higher good and nothing leaves your life unless something better is coming.

And then every time you catch yourself thinking of HIM, you gently shift your thoughts and focus to YOU and what is going on in your life, and creating a better world for yourself, and appreciating the wonderful things you do have in your life rather than focusing on what is missing. Love is everywhere around you and if you are not attached to getting it from one person, life can be very beautiful.

Best wishes.

I have been there.

What I did was print out the Serenity Prayer, put it in a nice frame and placed it on my dresser. I read it each morning when I woke and each night before I went to sleep. When I caught myself thinking about the mess I was in that I couldn't change I would simply ask myself "what good will come from thinking about this" and of course the answer was always nothing. In time it fades and is replaced by the life you do have control over and the things and people you love. Right now the thoughts of him are displacing all that.

I have the prayer in my signature. Read it often and it will help with much more than just getting him out of your mind.

Lost

Archived