Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Men... Prolonged eye contact without saying anything... for sure attraction?

This man has been my neighbor for about 3 months. Ive only talked to him a few times. He is super shy about approaching me or saying hi but once I initiate it he is quite friendly. The few times we have hung out (went on walks together with our dogs) he seems to really like me and even said some things that would lead me to believe he was interested in more than just friends.

Anyways, whenever I first approach him he either breaks out into a big smile or we lock eyes for the longest time without anyone saying anything before one of us finally breaks the ice. Well yesterday I saw him and said hi and he just stared into my eyes and I stared into his before he finally asked me if I wanted to go walking with him. I mean this eye contact is intense and without a doubt definatly long. He is like a deer in headlight and I probably am too. Is he attracted?

Platinum Member
    Sure seems like it. Did you say 'yes'?

If he is staring like a deer tell him he can blink now and ask him out for coffee.. minus the dogs.
    Sabrina don't stare at it, eat it!- Patrick Bateman

Yes I went walking with him! I really like him. He makes some flirty sugestions, says sweet things to me and makes this eye contact with me but he's never officially asked me out. We just bump into each other outside and walk our dogs. He did say though that we should meet up more. whatever that means.

But would a man make eye contact like that if he was not attracted? and what is he thinking with that kind of intense stare?

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    He did say though that we should meet up more. whatever that means.
    It means just that. He wants to see you more. He's just shy and hoping you'll notice and initiate some kind of conversation. Don't overanalyze it.
    "It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others."
    "Tough times never last, but tough people do."

Platinum Member
    He did say though that we should meet up more. whatever that means.
    What did you reply?

Yes of course. I even sugested a place we could go. He didnt give me an answer but seemed interested. Im just confused because 75% of the time when I see him if I dont initiate something he seems like he doesnt notice me. but when I do initiate something we really click. And we are late 20's! I didnt know men could be so shy at this age. I thought it was a teen thing to act like that.

Platinum Member
    I think after the dog walking you should invite him for a coffee.

Once I break the ice we really click. Its weird because its like we've known each other for years. We never had a formal getting to know you stage. You know when you ask things like... soooo where do you work, how old are you, what are your interest ect ect... We just kind of met and we just talk about the most random things like we already know each other. I hope thats a good sign. I think it is. I know I sound like Ive never dated but I just got out of a 9 year relationship and I forgot how everything works!

Platinum Member
    I hope you are flirting with him a little and making it clear you don't regard him as just a friend?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Contrary to the common belief that online dating is only for the young individuals, the new research by two Bowling Green State University professors ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
How much are men willing to spend while dating highly depends on a number of women available around them, claims a new research by the University of ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It turns out that the real problem for unemployed men is not that they cannot pay their bills, but that they actually cannot get dates, a new survey ...