suicide prevention hotline in USA suicide prevention hotline in USA
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

What's a quick, effective way to die?

I'm not here to get you to talk me out of killing myself...it won't work. I've had over two months to contemplate this...and it's going to happen. My life's not heading anywhere, and it's in complete shambles right now...I can barely function, and I just want to end it all.

I don't want to die slowly in pain and without guarantee, however, and that is the purpose for why I'm here. I've thought about stabbing myself with a knife, but I'm unsure of how painful that would be, or if I'd die as quick as I imagine. Ideally, I'd have a gun with which I could put the muzzle in my mouth and fire, which I think would be the quickest and most painless way to die, but I don't have a gun, nor the proper licenses to get one, so I'm stuck with household things.

Jumping off a building is out of the question, I'm too afraid of heights to pull it off, and besides, it's attention-grabbing. I don't need crowds gathering around my corpse. I just want to quickly pull off my death on my own time while calm and alone. So what are your suggestions?

You should ask a therapist and this is going to be closed.

People who want to die, are fearless.

Platinum Member Cognitive_Canine's Avatar
    what a waste....

I once contemplated death to. I am very, very glad that I didn't.
    If you like Dota, PM me for my steamID

People are my religion and I believe in them.
    I have faith in my fellow man and I only hope that he has faith in me
    - Andrew Jackson Jihad

Though my soul may set in darkness, it shall rise is perfect light
    For I know the stars too fondly to be frightened of the night.

I have a therapist. It's not helping. I hoped it might...but nothing can. Even the one once closest to me now hates me, and although my therapist does help a little...things go down faster than they go up. I can't catch up. Rather than live constantly miserable...It'd be better for me to die and feel nothing.

Where the grass is green, and the girls are pretty.
    Most of us have been there at somepoint or will be. Life can be do disheartning but the best part about it, is that it life brings the most unexpected things. Dont kill yourself. You never know what tomorrow brings.

I can tell you exactly what's going to happen tomorrow. I'm going to wake up, mope around the house, go out with my friends and put on a smile and a laugh so none of them will have a clue how I truly feel, go back home, mope some more, and continue doing so until I fall asleep. I want to fall asleep. Forever.

Life has been bringing me the most unexpected things...things keep getting worse and worse and whenever I think I can't go any lower, life gives me another big surprise like always. I've been contemplating to end my existence for so long now, and I'm tired of waiting. I keep giving it time...I keep finding ways to stop myself...and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't afraid to die...but I see no other way. And I know the fear that lasts in me now will disappear when I do. And so will the misery. And the sorrow. And everything that plagues me by the mere act of waking up.

Don't you have a job??? school?? friends you truly love????? A hobby????? Something??? If you just sleep and mope of course you want to die. Are you on anti-depressants?

Job, no...my school is one strike, I have friends but I don't get to see them very often, tomorrow will be one of the few days I do...I had a friend I truly loved who I'd talk with everyday, but in the past week she's learned to hate me, which might as well be the feather on the camel's back for my depression.

I hated my life for a long time...but I never felt suicidal. And what better clich'e than the so-called miracle of love to take me out of that hate...and then throw me right back in and deeper than ever before. The only thing that's stopped me from ending myself is that I knew she cared...I didn't want to burden her...but she cares no longer, and my reason for living...no...my reason for not dying is gone.

And no, I'm not on anti-depressants. I'm a bit wary of medication after going through a problem with painkillers a couple years ago.

Geez, my boyfriend fo four years brokeup with me on valentines day, I had a mental breakdown, my dad killed himself, I dropped out of school and was disqualified thought Id never get back in, no job.... trust me I was moping, sleeping, crying all day every day. But I pulled myself together went home for the summer, did some therapy and now Im back in school, working, and so thankful that Iactually had that dark seven months or so. I appreciate all the things I have a million times more. Just make a decision you want to better your life. Its so corny but so true. Wake up, go for a run, start slow you know? Orrrrrr move to a new city?New friends,new routine,new life... Your problems wont dissapear but maybe its thepush you need to start anew.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast