Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When I scratch my skin, it leaves red scratch marks as though a cat has attacked me.

When I scratch my skin, it leaves red scratch marks as though a cat has attacked me.

I mean scratching it when I have an itch, and I don't do it too hard or anything.

It doesn't hurt and doesn't seem serious, it just looks serious.

Is this normal?

is your skin really dry?

yep. shows good circulation of blood. it goes away right? maybe lotion up.
    Not only am I friendly, but I'm invisible too.
    Too perfect of a relationship is too weird-g69
    If you say you are normal, I'd think you are weird-g69
    The world can only get better, it depends on how you look at it-g69
    'As wicked as you are, you're beautiful to me'-5fingerdeathpunch
    you cannot control the world, you can only live in it the best you can for you-g69

NooOoOoooOOoOoOoooooo

maybe you need to cut your nails shorter ;D
    ~ There are a lot of changes in life, how we react to them that matters, it's what makes us who we are. ~

Quote Originally Posted by nikkers04 View Post
    is your skin really dry?
    I don't think it is.

It just means your skin is dry, I bet you're itchy more often too. If you live in a cold climate it can happen in the winter because the air in your home and at work can get really dry because of the heating. You can get a small humidifier for your bedroom and that should fix it after awhile. They're usually under 50 bucks. You can get bigger ones as well, but they can cost alot and aren't really necessary. If the noise from the humidifier bugs you just put it in the hall outside of your room. The small ones will humidify one floor of an average home.

In the meantime, just use some lotion on like Keri Lotion or Vaseline Intensive Care. Put it on after the shower while your skin is still a bit damp, but slightly towelled off, you skin will absorb it better.

I'd suggest trying lotion...see if that helps any

Quote Originally Posted by ghost69 View Post
    yep. shows good circulation of blood. it goes away right? maybe lotion up.
    To be honest I'm not sure how long it takes to go away, I don't think it's still there by the next day anyway, but yeah, it's as though scratching draws my blood up to just beneath the surface or something.

For the first time though today I've noticed a scratch mark on my hand which I'm sure was caused by scratching it because it was itchy last night, yet it's still here and is a tiny bit scabby as though it really is scratched.

Quote Originally Posted by greensleeves View Post
    It just means your skin is dry, I bet you're itchy more often too. If you live in a cold climate it can happen in the winter because the air in your home and at work can get really dry because of the heating. You can get a small humidifier for your bedroom and that should fix it after awhile. They're usually under 50 bucks. You can get bigger ones as well, but they can cost alot and aren't really necessary. If the noise from the humidifier bugs you just put it in the hall outside of your room. The small ones will humidify one floor of an average home.

In the meantime, just use some lotion on like Keri Lotion or Vaseline Intensive Care. Put it on after the shower while your skin is still a bit damp, but slightly towelled off, you skin will absorb it better.
    Well, it's not like it's a problem for me, I was just curious about it. I know that my face, back of neck and the top of my back get's a little dry, but I use moisturiser on them anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovepoemsalot View Post
    To be honest I'm not sure how long it takes to go away, I don't think it's still there by the next day anyway, but yeah, it's as though scratching draws my blood up to just beneath the surface or something.

For the first time though today I've noticed a scratch mark on my hand which I'm sure was caused by scratching it because it was itchy last night, yet it's still here and is a tiny bit scabby as though it really is scratched.
    maybe don't scratch so hard or for so long. if you are getting scabs, you are doing too much.
    Not only am I friendly, but I'm invisible too.
    Too perfect of a relationship is too weird-g69
    If you say you are normal, I'd think you are weird-g69
    The world can only get better, it depends on how you look at it-g69
    'As wicked as you are, you're beautiful to me'-5fingerdeathpunch
    you cannot control the world, you can only live in it the best you can for you-g69

NooOoOoooOOoOoOoooooo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
According to the findings of a recent study, married women may find themselves drinking a lot more alcohol than single or divorced women, while ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It turns out that, when under stress, men tend to be attracted to women with a more curvaceous body type, found a new research, according to which ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Marriage and divorce are linked to weight gain among both women and men, and especially those who are over age 30, found U.S. sociologists. However, ...