Left my wife...feeling sad

Hello everyone, i left my wife of 8 years i know it's the best thing to do since every 4-6 months we would have thease arguments and she would tell me to pack up my things and leave yes ...my life would be like this for the past 8 years ... it even effects our jobs (yes we work for the same company)i tried everything to make it work even not seeing my kids of a past marrige (yes most of our fights would be her jelousy)i have sacrificed so much of me and my kids that she never really appriciated anything i did 4 her, but i would also give the best of me 4 her kids and also i was not being appriciated ,the most ironic thing is that i still love her.

Any advice to get through this tough time and mantain my choice to leave.

I forgot to say that i'm in a cast i ruptued my achilles tendon 3 weeks ago and during that time she has been of little help, also i would not like to bother her for taking care of me since the things she would do 4 me she would bring them up when we would argure so i just would take care of myself that way i would not give her amuinition during our arguement's
    somtimes i feel so pathetic 4 loving this women knowing she might not love me the same way i love her.
    Last edited by vinc0278; 06-08-2007 at 08:41 PM. Reason: forgot to mencion the cast

Gold Member
    Don't get all depressed around your kids. My mom left my dad when I was 14 and he gets depressed about it. I don't really know what to tell you about getting through a divorce because I've never even been married but just make sure your there for your kids even if your going through a tough time.

Sometimes you can love your spouse but still know that they are not the right person for you and that you are better parents and better people apart from one another. It sounds as though you have thought long and hard about this divorce and are certain that it is the best thing for your family and that take alot of strength and courage.

You will get through this- try to focus on your new life ahead and your children and being the best parent you can to them.

It helps to vent here and to lean on good friends and family, and to keep yourself busy- such as working out, eating healthy, picking up a new hobby or two, or just reconnecting with friends and getting out there.
    Mama to a beautiful baby girl born 6-25-09. :) AND a beautiful baby boy born 6-14-11. :)

Baby # 2 forever missed lost 6-3-10.

"An angel in the book of life wrote down my baby's birth.
    Then whispered as she closed the book "too beautiful for earth".
    ~author unknown

"Victory is sweetest when you have known defeat"
    ~ Malcolm Forbes

Platinum Member
    Hey Vinc

So sorry to hear about this. It is never nice when a relationship ends - for whatever reason.

It sounds like you have made the right decision here - you just need to follow it through. Of course you love your wife - but you love what she was and not what she had become.

This relationship sounds like it became completely out of balance with you putting everything into it - even at the expense of not seeing your own children. Whatever you do in the future, please promise me that you will put your children first - they need both parents even if you are seperated from their mother. I would suggest now is a good time to re-focus on them - they will be a source of great comfort to you.

Other than that, you need to just take one day at a time for now. You have already survived one divorce so you know you can survive this one.

Take care of yourself and I hope that your achilles tendon heals soon. Man - that sounds real painful.

Mark

Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Checking and following the activities of an ex partner through social networking site Facebook can seriously interfere with a person's ability to ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Most people get divorced hoping to have a better life and find more happiness than they had in their marriage. However, a new national study by Iowa ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Brides who hesitate about getting married might want to consider having second thoughts before starting a life-long commitment, suggest psychologists ...