Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Platinum Member
    I hate to say that I'd have an abortion, but I believe I would.

I think I would go insane if I was carrying the child of the rapist, I'd probably feel like I was carrying the omen.

I'd probably have more nightmares.

I'd be terrified (spelling?) of having a boy that would grow up to rape people, and that everyone would say my son raped people.

I really think I would lose my mind if for some reason I had to keep his baby.

I probably wouldn't eat anything, hoping that I'd lose the baby by starving myself.
    I'd feel cursed and diseased, like a monster was growing in my belly, and it would only be a matter of time before it got out.

I couldn't even imagine breast feeding that baby! I would feel like I was being violated again.

His child sucking on my breasts, ahhhhhh!!!

Needless to say I simply couldn't handle it.

true - I mean.... who knows what would happen?

I say now that if I got raped, i would abort. As of now, I am not even sure if I want any children! And I don't want to get raped and have some criminal make that huge decision for me!

but maybe later on in life my view will change. Maybe I will want children later and will see the baby as a blessing, not as a curse. but, who knows?

Actually, if I got raped (and hopefully I never do!!!), I would go first thing to the pharmacy and get the morning after pill. It's not technically an abortion pill, it will just prevent a pregnancy that hasn't happened yet. I would do that first thing. And if I still got pregnant, I would get an abortion.
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1.

another thing.... i am honest... sometimes to a fault.

I bet if I kept the baby to full term, and people at the grocery store would ask me about the father, i would probably just tell them the truth, that I was raped. and that would probably freak them out.

If i was pregnet by a rapist, what would you tell me to do? keep it? or get rid of it?
    Iíve got no place to go
    Iíve got nowhere to run
    Theyíd love to watch me fall
    They think they know it all

Iím a nightmare, a disaster
    Thatís what they always said
    Iím a lost cause, not a hero
    But Iíll make it on my own
    Iíve gotta prove them wrong
    Me against the world

Itís me against the world

Quote Originally Posted by kita View Post
    If i was pregnet by a rapist, what would you tell me to do? keep it? or get rid of it?
    we wouldn't tell you anything. we would say that this is a highly personal decision, and that you should do what you feel is the right thing for you to do.

Quote Originally Posted by kita View Post

I'd tell you to listen to your heart and make the best decision for YOU and not to let anyone pressure you into doing anything that you don't want to do.
    Ian Kyle 10-18-06
    9 lbs 12 ounces and 22 inches long!

Ian <3

I would not keep the baby. I would get an abortion. No doubt in my mind.
    Hate me today
    Hate me tomorrow
    Hate me for all the things I didn't do for you
    Hate me in ways, yeah ways hard to swallow
    Hate me so you can finally see whats good for you

I used to work in an abortion clinic and I have seen this in quite a few ways. Women who were raped would come in and change their minds right before the procedure. Some went through with it. It is difficult no matter what you decide. Listen to your heart.

As for those to think they know exactly what they would do in such a situation, I would like to say I hope you never have to eat those words. While working in the abortion clinic, one of the most hardcore, female protesters (they only protest on Saturday) that we had to deal with came in for an abortion on a Thursday. She did not say a word to any of the clinic staff. She had this-self-rightous, my abortion is moral and justified and the rest of you are s-look on her face. She aborted a 12 week old fetus. Heart beating, all organ systems developed.

Guess what. The following Saturday she was back outside waving a banner and shouting "abortion is murder" with the other protesters.

Hmmmm. Makes you think. 40% of all American women have an abortion at some point in their lives. . . Quite a few dark secrets held by self-rightous, deeply moral women.

I would abort without question. It would be too traumatizing. I was raped when I was 15. To this day I have to live with that. If I had gotten pregnant from that I would probably have killed myself. Now that I'm a little older, I know that my own mental health is more important than anything else. If I had a baby then, it would be one messed up kid.

To be completely honest, if I were to get pregnant under any circumstance before I was ready and was in a steady relationship, then I would abort.

Thats about as blunt as I can be.

I had a friend who was raped at 14 by a neighbor and got pregnant, she carried the baby almost to term (it was a premie) and was going to put it up for adoption but ended up keeping it. The hardest part she says was the people who looked down on her for being a "teen mother", she said it hurt to know that they thought she did this to herself.

Her daughter is 10 now, she knows about the circumstances of her conception and is in counseling, but told me that she is happy that her mom kept her, and didn't abort, but that she would have understood if she had been given up for adoption although she is glad that didn't happen too.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
The journal Social Psychology and Personality Science has published a new study according to which individuals who consume organic foods have ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Ben Barry, a modeling agency CEO, has recently conducted a survey in order to find out what kinds of models inspire women to buy their clothes. He ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Eating diet high in trans fats is associated with irritability and aggression, say researchers from the University of California, San Diego School of ...