how to stop being nervous

hi. ive been to dinners with bf (both formal & informal) and most of the time ( not all the time) i get self conscious or nervous Recently, i wore my new shirt which is abit revealing to dinner, and i got SOOOOOOOOO nervous i started excusing myself to the toilet 3 times until my bf said i was making a fool out of myself. My palms were dead sweating. oh god, it was so horrible.i had to eat ice, fan myself, and wipe my sweat with tissue. and you know how embarrasing it is like that when everybody else is EATING.

i get even more nervous when the place i eat is BRIGHT. in 2 more days im going to a very classy dinner with my bf and im so nervous of getting nervous. How can i stop myself from having sweaty palms/WHERE EVER?? i want to sit and enjoy my expensive DINNER.

ps: ive never got so nervous when im out hving luch or dinner with my friends.

thx for helping, if can, pls tell me how to be more confident or stuff like that.. i sound reallyi pathetic here..

Do you know a little more specifically why you're getting nervous?

I used to get nervous out to dinner with my boyfriend because I always thought I'd get sick or not be able to finish eating.

It eventually went away by telling myself that it hasn't happened before at any other occasion, and so it's not going to happen now... and it helped.

You should be critical of the fact being out with him to dinner should be looked at like any other dinner.

Nerves are really hard to control, your body really just takes over. Try controlled breathing exercises, if you concentrate on getting your breathing regular it takes your mind off all the other stuff and may help you calm down.

I am sure there are many other "tricks" members may be able to help you with.

but3yerlip, you're not pathetic. At all. I don't have the answer and what ever I can offer is going to be way easier said than done.

WHAT makes you so nervous? Have you been able to pin point it? Like, what exactly is it the places you go? HIM?

Somethings to try ...

think of going out with him like going out with your friends. He's a friend, right?

Try relaxing breathing or meditating before you go.

Maybe have a chat to him about it honestly, maybe he can help put your mind at ease...

Your just out of your comfort zone. Deep breaths before you get there, one big one as you walk through the door ,breath in, shoulders back and hold your head high, walk tall with confidence even if you don't feel it. Deep breaths and smile a beautiful smile that makes people go Wow as you walk to your table.

Think to yourself "You're gorgeous, they are lucky to have you there", so make sure every eye is on you. It will boost your confidence.