Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

how do you know a girl is staring at you b/c she likes you?

this is long, so bear with me. you would think that when a girl you don't know is having eye contact with you for more than a few seconds and sometimes more than once, or if she looks like she's lookin at you and tryin to not make it obvious, things should be lookin good, right? well, i've had one girl do each of those and they essentially weren't interested once I asked them to get together. Now, I don't know whether a girl is staring at me hopin that I'll talk to her or if she's just lookin out of curiousity. There was this really attractive girl sittin next to me to the right in class 2day. Today, every once in a while, I would see her look in my direction, but I was too shy to look right at her in the middle of class to see if it was at me. Whenever she sat in front of me, I never noticed her lookin to her left as much as she did today, so that made me wonder. As class ended, a few people started packin up real fast as the teacher was still talkin and she was one of them. I was thinkin, if she's this much in a hurry, then she wasn't really hopin I'd talk to her. She already had her jacket on and her books in her bookbag. I just sat there with my books still opened. When class officially ended, I thought she'd be out the door, but for someone that had all their stuff packed up, she took very long to leave. I was like, damn, she packed up so quick, now she's gettin up from her desk in slow motion. I couldn't shake this feeling like, is this on purpose? I was too shy to talk to her and it looked like she was lookin at me out the corner of her eye as I was packin up, but I left before her anyway. It's just that I've been down this road b4 with another girl who I thought was starin at me, but actually had a boyfriend already and didn't seem interested once I talked to her. What do y'all think about this, especially the girls? Thanks a lot...

yeah, sometimes I stare at guys just because I think they're interesting (or said something interesting in class) but I'm not really interested in a romantic way. And sometimes I just flirt for fun, or to be friendly, but am not interested. I think I may lead guys on sometimes but then I sorta retreat or just act friendly so they don't get hurt, and realize that I don't want anything more than just to be friends.

But in most cases, if you don't know a girl too well & she keeps staring at you (and perhaps smiles when your eyes connect) that is *definitely* a good sign! Especially if you feel a connection between you two. As a girl I can usually feel when I "connect" or "click" with another person that is different than just a normal friendship...like there's some attraction there, you know? But sometimes, alas, I have been deceived and hurt

I guess the only way to find out is to talk to her & see how you guys connect, if you get along well together! Start talking about the class or something, and if you guys get along that's great! =)

Hope that helped,

fallen

Hey,

I've gone through the same exact thing that you go through over the last four years of my life. And I follow the same pattern as you: out of the corner of my eye I see them looking in my direction and most of the time I don't turn to look at them to see if it's me they're looking at or if it's a mirage. I had three particular girls that I saw a few times a week and this scenario came up. But because I am incredibly shy, I did nothing to see if they found me attractive from far (which is laughable) or if I was imagining this. Well, last year I managed to sneak peeks and it turns out that they were indeed looking at me, as my friend was doing some spying and confirmed. Now, I did not know any of them, we all work in a large company and the only time I saw them was in the afternoon during lunch. I did not have the courage to approach them and ask them their names. I haven't seen them since May of this year and everyday it haunts me that I did not take action. Did they find me attractive? Was there something about me that sparked a rumor and I was the butt of their jokes? I'll never know.

Let me ask you something: do you have a big imagination? I ask this because I have a wild imagination, and because I am so alone and starving for female affection, sometimes if a girl looks in my direction and I see this out of the corner of my eye, I immediately draw up the conclusion that she is looking at me, while at the same time knowing that this is not the case. I never look at them to find out either. I do this because I so desperately want to feel attractive to a woman so I speculate. Is this you?

Basically what I am saying is to simply ask her. If you are speculating, you are getting nowhere. I speculated three times and missed out, and I am currently speculating with one girl. I don't have the courage to talk to her, but I would encourage that you at least try to find out in some way instead of wondering day after day after day. You'll be wasting your time... like I did.

Dude, same here. A few weeks ago this girl started looking at me alot. I was walking behind her, she knew I was there, so she turned around, looked at me and smiled. She kept looking at me and smiling for about a week. In one of my classes she sits at the front and I sit behind her, she turned around just to loook at me a few times there too. So I started paying more attention to her. As soon as she realized that I'm paying attention to her, she stopped looking. Now she never looks at me. I thought she liked me, but I guess she didn't.

Kyoshiro Ogari, do you seriously not get any attention from females? That must feel horrible. I get alot of attention from girls at my school. But it ain't as good as you might think. Cuz the girl that I currently like, she don't like me at all. She don't even know I exist. I don't know how to get her attention. This has never been a problem before. My friends keep telling me to forget her and move on, but I can't.

she dose probly like you but you whant to get to know her frist becuse if you jump into things you will probly get shot down.
    The trick is your never supposed to act on it
    no matter how unbearable this misery gets

I cant stand how your gone
    Distant from my arms
    Distant from my side
    I cant believe how your here
    And in a minute your gone
    I hold you close to mind
    and closer yet to heart
    I'll never forget you
    And Forever ill love you
    Good by dearest Suzen
    May you rest in peace
    (3-15-89/7-17-05)

Yeah, just ask her what have you got to lose.

There was a girl I thought was interested in me by the way she was looking at me. I felt so alive when this happened, but at the same time I wasn't sure if it was me she was looking at or simply looking in my direction. There was one day when she just kept looking at me, turning around to look at me, so what did this mean...?

Nothing. Today I had my answer confirmed. The way she acted around me was simply my imagination. I do not know why she turned to face me a couple of times, but I found out that it wasn't attraction after all (wow, there's a shock. ) I got me subtle clues, maybe she was telling me gently that I am not her type or whatever, but it was absolutely crushing to find out that I was not special in her eyes. But the pain of not knowing was just as difficult. If I hadn't known, I would've speculated for an eternity.

So just ask her.

neeed help people

so this is a question to anyone who can help me..

do you think it is possible for the girl who stares at me to like me even if she has a boyfriend?? i mean i know she likes him alot but i am beginning to like her and i think i could be setting myself up for something. any helpful advice from anyone would help tremendously

Quote Originally Posted by ninjakid944 View Post
    this is long, so bear with me. you would think that when a girl you don't know is having eye contact with you for more than a few seconds and sometimes more than once, or if she looks like she's lookin at you and tryin to not make it obvious, things should be lookin good, right? well, i've had one girl do each of those and they essentially weren't interested once I asked them to get together. Now, I don't know whether a girl is staring at me hopin that I'll talk to her or if she's just lookin out of curiousity. There was this really attractive girl sittin next to me to the right in class 2day. Today, every once in a while, I would see her look in my direction, but I was too shy to look right at her in the middle of class to see if it was at me. Whenever she sat in front of me, I never noticed her lookin to her left as much as she did today, so that made me wonder. As class ended, a few people started packin up real fast as the teacher was still talkin and she was one of them. I was thinkin, if she's this much in a hurry, then she wasn't really hopin I'd talk to her. She already had her jacket on and her books in her bookbag. I just sat there with my books still opened. When class officially ended, I thought she'd be out the door, but for someone that had all their stuff packed up, she took very long to leave. I was like, damn, she packed up so quick, now she's gettin up from her desk in slow motion. I couldn't shake this feeling like, is this on purpose? I was too shy to talk to her and it looked like she was lookin at me out the corner of her eye as I was packin up, but I left before her anyway. It's just that I've been down this road b4 with another girl who I thought was starin at me, but actually had a boyfriend already and didn't seem interested once I talked to her. What do y'all think about this, especially the girls? Thanks a lot...
    VERY IMPORTANT RULE: STARING DOESN'T ALWAYS MEAN INTERESTED. I know from experience. I know you probably don't want to hear this (and I hope I'm wrong as I don't know either of you), but she might be freaked out by you. Don't risk it, you don't want her * * * * * ing about you behind your back to every girl in the school.
    I've never been drunk, high or smoked in my life.. and I plan on staying that way (:

Personally, when I'm interested in a guy I will rarely look in his direction. I usually just stare out of my peripherals to see if he's looking at me. I'm very outgoing so if I was actually staring at guys it would probably just because I think he's funny or someone that would be a good friend. When I really like a guy I get shy and basically make it hard for him to tell if i'm interested..probably because I'm afraid of getting shut down.

I want to put my two cents in about the "rule" that when a girl stares at you; that she could either be interested in you or creeped out by you, because it's true. I was in both situations. In high school, (where I was almost completely anti-social and only had a few friends) a girl who occasionally stared at me in class eventually just came out with it and told me that I was creepy. I didn't care at the time (but eventually it got to me, and I've tried to make simple, minor changes for what their worth). In college, (where I have a lot more friends and am more social) a girl who occasionally stared at me in class eventually struck up a conversation with me one day during art class when she stood next to me and said something funny (related to the art class btw). I just politely laughed at what she said and then I said something in reply about it (tried to be funny, but didn't think it was), and she laughed. Keeping Ter93's "rule" in mind (because I had experienced the bad side of it in high school, and sometimes it's hard to get over even now), I was about to turn back to my friend to talk to him, but she asked me about what I was doing for my art project. Anyways, I still don't think anything of it, even though I wish it meant something special. Moral of my stories: When a girl is staring at you, and you want to know what's the likely meaning behind her stares, it helps to take a good look at yourself - both physically (you might have spinach in your teeth or you might have a funny or weird expression on your face that you didn't know you were doing, because I used to, and I looked like an idiot ><), and mentally (the way you behave and your body language).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Contrary to the common belief that online dating is only for the young individuals, the new research by two Bowling Green State University professors ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
How much are men willing to spend while dating highly depends on a number of women available around them, claims a new research by the University of ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It turns out that the real problem for unemployed men is not that they cannot pay their bills, but that they actually cannot get dates, a new survey ...