shave bumps !

holyohio

my gf gets a lot of shave bumps when she shaves her va-jay-jay. Anything I could tell her/show her/buy her to prevent this & still get a close shave? i dont mind a little hair, but she still has bumps after it grows out for a few days...

For one she's not shaving her vagina, she's shaving her vulva. There are a few products by Bikini Zone that work. One is a shave gel and one is an after shave cream. The gel should be with the shave creams and the cream will be with wax and depilatory products. The gel is either pink or blue, depending on whether its sensitive skin or not, and the cream comes in a box in a child proof tube (its a topical form of lidocaine so it should be kept out of the reach of children)

The hair type down there has a lot to do with ethnicity. Asian women usually have fine hair which rarely has ingrowns, african americans a coarser hair which is prone to it and caucasians a mix of the two...Knowing the hair type might help with precautions.

First, tell her to try a gentle exfoliant in the area. Something mild enough not to irritate. Make sure she also attempts shaving at the end of her shower so it allows time for the moisture to open up the pores.

Instead of shaving AGAINST the growth, as you would on legs, shave with it. This can reduce ingrowns dramatically. As for the sides and where the leg meets the pelvis, the same goes. Use a moisturizer afterwards, but make sure you get all of the shaving stuff cleaned off! There's also a number of creams and ointments for bikini linies to avoid ingrowns at any drug store.

My ex-gf used some stuff called Tend Skin after shaving/waxing, and I used to nick some when I got an ingrowing hair or razor burn. It worked really well - I think it prevents infection (contains alcohol) and reduces inflammation (salicylic acid).

Salicylic acid also increases the turnover of skin cells so I guess helps the area where the hair is irritating to grow out. Here's the stuff: link removed

I wouldn't go slathering the tend skin stuff all over myself but it did the trick when applied really locally. As other posters have mentioned, shaving along the direction the hair grows basically prevents razor burn, and do it after a shower, with gel, so the hair is softened (this is "guy" shaving advice but as we have to do it all the f*&%$*g time should be fairly good).

Having said that, I'd really recommend that she switches to waxing! Smoooooth

Chafing and open pores cause the bumps.

She should rub witch hazel on the area after shaving to tighten the pores...then cornstarch baby powder on the entire area after that to prevent heat bumps and chafing (both of which can happen in that area).

Might take a time or two but the bumps should subside. Its the same concept of a man using after shave on his face after shaivng - most aftershaves contain witch hazel or some similar pore tightener. This helps to stop the bumps. For a woman the cornstarch baby powder will prevent friction and just heat from her underwear and lesson bumps.

i'm not sure if someone already said this, but a bikini trimmer is better than shaving at all. It just needs one AAA battery and you can get it at Wal-Mart. I found that if you use it the right way, it looks like you're totally shaven, but you don't get the bumps or the pain from shaving with a razor.

i'm not sure if someone already said this, but a bikini trimmer is better than shaving at all. It just needs one AAA battery and you can get it at Wal-Mart. I found that if you use it the right way, it looks like you're totally shaven, but you don't get the bumps or the pain from shaving with a razor.

Any recommendations? one to swear by?

and do these just trim...or will it let you get comparable closeness to shaving?

I say trim it or wax it.. do not shave it.. shaving just makes it seem like stubble.

would she get a wax?...she doesn't have to wax it all off, just a bikini, or brazilian ( which, contrary to what a lot of people think.. is NOT completely bald!!!)

I got a wax nearly 3 weeks ago and its only starting to grow back now.. no ingrowns or anything.. totaly worth it!

If she doesn't want to wax, I'd suggest a close trim

Archived