Oral sex and cold sores!?!

Vandilism33

My girlfriend has coldsores, which i know is herpes virus simplex 1. If she gives me oral sex, i could get genital herpes, which is Herpes simplex 2 right? The only way not to get it is if she dosnt give me oral. Is it possible to get cold sores from her if I kiss her when she has a cold sore? I have been kissing her a lot, and she hasnt said anything about it, but when i ask for oral sex she says she cant because of them (which i understand). Also, Is it possible to give HER genital herpes through kissing her, and then giving HER oral sex? Please let me know on this one. thanks!

I think this site may be able to help you, mate.

link removed

"Even this difference is not absolute either type can reside in either or both parts of the body and infect oral and/or genital areas. Unfortunately, many people aren't aware of this, which contributes both to the spread of type 1 and to the misperception that the two types are fundamentally different."

Coldsores is not herpes, you cant get herpes from coldsores, nuff said..geez didnt they teach you this in sex ed?

Obviously you didn't learn too much in sex-ed. Coldsores ARE herpes, it's a part of the herpes simplex virus family.

You can get genital herpes from the cold sore as well as she can pass the virus on to you and you can start having outbreaks of cold sores and it can be passed from her to you and back to her genital area. That's why its always better to be safe than sorry and if shes having an outbreak dont kiss her and definitely no oral play.

There are SEVERAL types of Herpes viruses, Herpes is a virus Family and not just a single type of viral infection. Different types of specific Herpes viruses cause different types of infections. There are 8 known strains that will infect humans. The most common:

• Herpes Simplex 1 causes oral infections, ie: cold sores.
  • Herpes Simplex 2 causes genital infections which can be spread to the mouth and cause sores there (not cold sores, different virus strain).
  • Herpes 3 causes chicken pox and shingles.

Herpes is a virus, it is not a bacteria, so it will not respond to antibiotics, it will only respond to antivirals.

Most people are exposed to Herpes 1, its estimated that by adulthood up to 90% have had contact with the virus. This does not mean they have shown signs of infection. This virus will generally stay in control by the immune system unless other wise compromised with sickness or immunosuppression.

Cross contamination between the mouth and genitals and contact with both 1 and 2 is possible with oral sex, especially if a condom is not used.

Type 1 is usually easy to return to normal after an out break. If there are no secondary problems then it possible there will be no scars.

There is NO CURE for herpes, there are only was to reduce outbreaks and treat symptoms.

Right now, I have a type 1 infection in my eyes. I was able to see the doctor soon enough and get treated so there was not permanent scaring on my eyes. I'm only being treated for inflammations and secondary bacteria infections that the weakened membrane will allow in to my eye.

Archived