Feeling very depressed

adidas7fire

Good morning everyone. I'm already having a tough morning with tons of thoughts in my head. Basically, this is the issue. I have become more and more aware of the monster we know as 'cellulite.' I am doing everything I can to get rid of it... or at least the appearance of it such as eating right, exercising every spare moment I have but no matter what I do, I just can't get it out of my head. Though I am considered underweight for my age/height/weight proportions... it just doesn't make sense on how I acquired this demon. I am very active and have always eating healthy foods yet I still couldn't avoid this. Is it due to the way that I sit at work or when I'm laying down? I mean, I sit at my desk, feet flat on the floor (for the most part).. bent at the knees... yet when I get up from time to time to take a break, my left lower ankle area hurts as though it's getting fatter and making skin stretch. I know it sounds weird but the more that I see my physical appearance change, the more I get depressed. No one understands my frustrations with this and say that I'm being crazy to think these things and that I look great but I don't feel that way. Anyone have any ideas? I've done weeks and weeks of lunges and all kinds of leg exercises but I don't know if I'm supposed to have muscle overtake the fat (cellulite) or if I somehow have a medical disorder that I'm not aware of. Please help if you can!

This is my daily routine. Get up, go to work.. eat bagel or low-fat poptart for breakfast. Drink nothing but water all day. Every hour I get up from my desk and walk around for about 5-10 minutes. I eat every two hours due to my fast metabolism... either crackers, pretzels, fruit, or a sandwhich. For my hour lunch, I walk/run up and down a hill for 30 minutes and then chill for the last 30. For afternoon snacks, yogurt or sugar-free cookies plus water. When I get home, I run around with my dogs. Then I will hop on the gazelle machine for about 15-20 minutes. If I don't use the gazelle, I pop in a workout video targeting the butt and thighs and work with that for 30 minutes. Then I work on PC things and then it's bedtime. Given, some nights I'm just exhausted and don't feel like exercising but I try to make it a point to do so at least 3 or 4 times a week.

Ah Adidasfire7....

The dreaded C word....we women hate it...and make such fun of those who have it..instead of embracing it.

We are the way we are because nature intended us on storing fat in a different way to men - in order to protect babies...and our milk provisions etc., So as we store fat in a very different way to a man which can develop cellulite.

I've even seen photos of extremely thin girls like Mischa Barton with it and even Kate Moss! So no one is immune to it....Let's not get down on ourselves over a little fat....(I'm told men think something to grab onto is sexy). In terms of the positive....just keep drinking plenty of water.....no caffeine...and early morning brushing of the skin with a loofah or a body brush. Don't be too hard on yourself....I bet you are gorgeous!!! It's like when we have a spot on our face....we're convinced everyone is looking at it, when in fact no one even see it!! We can get too pre-occupied.

You're healthy you are eating well....and you exercise....you are doing all the right things....Don't worry - I have it too....and I have to go to Marbella in Spain and wear a bikini in 2 weeks time....but sure what the hell.......who cares...I am a WOMAN and proud of it!

Archived