7 year itch?????

Does anyone believe in such a thing as the "7 year itch"? I have noticed several relationships on this forum that have broken up after 6 years (as did mine). Many of these it seemed just died from lack of interest after many good years together. Do you think there is something to this 7 year thing?

Does anyone believe in such a thing as the "7 year itch"? I have noticed several relationships on this forum that have broken up after 6 years (as did mine). Many of these it seemed just died from lack of interest after many good years together. Do you think there is something to this 7 year thing?

Yeah, I do, although I think the "itch" can come at any time, once the couple, or one of the partners in the couple, stops working to stay connected with each other.

The "7 year itch" syndrome can happen at anytime after the "in-love" stage of the relationship passes. Relationships take work. It's a shame we can't often find out soon whether someone is wanting to really work at a relationship until enough time actually passes.

Orlander

Archived