"The Situation"

Dougie_D

If you are a male and 26 years old. Where is the best place to meet girls?

Everybody says...you can't just stay at your house and wait for the door bell to ring!

I'm just looking for a chance to go out on a date. I've never really been on a date before. Only "practice" dates...where the girl knows I'm not trying to get in her panties. And I'm good friends with the boyfriends.

I've asked two girls at my work to go see a movie sometime with me...and they just laugh. Actually, the whole place laughed at me.

I don't really go to school. I have one class a week. No girls.

Much of my life has been pushed aside. I am now living back in my hometown after I've been to college for 5 years.

My friends don't hook me up and I am pretty sure they don't want too.

I have a reputation. --- It's a bad one --- I tend to let total strangers know about 60% of my total life. I love talking about myself. I love making an * * * of myself. I really don't care at all.

I seriously can't go anywhere without someone knowing who I am. Even when I go out on vacation...It happens!

So this is a big reason why I go out by myself a lot...I know I am eventually going to see someone I know!

Sorry for the rambling...

If you are by yourself, how do you approach someone you are interested in?

People write whole books on how to approach women.

Generally it's not a good idea to walk up to someone and tell them your life story and it's not a good idea to walk up to someone and "wow, you're beautiful" (although that might work in a bar or something).

If you're in a setting like a grocery store or something like that, bring up something situational. You don't have to make her fall in love with you in the first sentence, just grab her attention without jarring her. Once you've got her attention, it's easy to talk about other related things.

People write whole books on how to approach women.

Generally it's not a good idea to walk up to someone and tell them your life story and it's not a good idea to walk up to someone and "wow, you're beautiful" (although that might work in a bar or something).

If you're in a setting like a grocery store or something like that, bring up something situational. You don't have to make her fall in love with you in the first sentence, just grab her attention without jarring her. Once you've got your attention, it's easy to talk about other related things.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Excellent advice,I don't think it is really appropriate to walk up to a woman in a grocery store and introduce yourself in a general way.She would likely not respond positively to it.However ,start with something ''situational'',if you see her staring at toothbrushes or something you could ask her something in regards to the product and then just see if the conversation goes anywhere.If she is interested she will likely be willing to keep the conversation going and perhaps steer the discussion to more general things.

I really don't care at all.

Well here you go.

You need to start caring.

There is a time and place for not caring and making an * * * out of yourself.

If you want someone who is the same as you - then keep up this routine and you will meet your perfect mate.

If you don't - then turn it down a few thousand notches and be more low-key at first, but without being fake.

You may have to practice this before you get skilled at it. You've created quite a habit with acting too open too fast - so it will take time to adjust it so it starts working for you.

I've actually been trying to not ask questions...because I get a habit of wanting too much.

I think since I like to tell people a lot up front...I annoy girls when I want a lot upfront about them..

I seriously do the whole 20 questions...like...got any brothers or sisters, what highschool, where you from?, what is your favorite color and why?...It's almost like I instantly quiz them...

I think it's because I am always in a rush. I have to know everything all at once.

you definitely need to change that. i usually ask who they are with (where you are at)....not a bf. bf is a further down the road question. i ask where they are from. i don't really ask about high school unless they are close to my age and grew up in my city. which is rare. i ask what they like to do for fun. i don't dig too much deeper unless they ask. if i feel the interest, i just hang out. i don't push.

Archived