Is it the norm for college students to look for relationships?

What should I be doing? I want someone, but do most college students want a committed relationship or just a hook up?

BTW I've been messaging this Myspace girl for a good week now, everyday. But she lives way up north out of state. Whats the point of getting her number? Sure I love our conversations we have through the messaging, but I'm convinced I wasn't made to be a lover. I am seriously really convinced because of the circumstances that always come up, such as her being out of state so far away.

Look I'm just really down right now because I see freaking couples everywhere holding hands and kissing in public, its making me sick I want to throw up in my mouth. And I tried doing something about it by asking girls out. Yeah, it got me motivated to do that. I can't focus on school right now because I'm not motivated. Especially biology, I hate this course but its a prerequisite for a course I already took which was awesome(Physical Anthropology, I got to play with bones), somehow I beat the system.

My future is archaeology and that probably means I won't have a permanent home, I'll be moving always. I probably won't be meeting many girls either, but I just want to do this career because I love it. So maybe I'm not meant to be a lover, I would love to. It gives me that high. I've tried, and right now I think this is the phase where I give up for awhile because I'm tired and broken. I've gotten to the first date so far.

Oh and I do regret my past. Its empty, and I'm tired of hearing people talking about their past with their great high school sporting achievements and their stupid friends and past relationships, I LIED TO MY PHYSICIAN ABOUT MY ACTIVITY IN HIGH SCHOOL, I DID NOT DO CROSS COUNTRY, but for some reason I lied, in fact I didn't do anything. My past was empty. I regret my past. Believe me I'm trying hard with this clean slate. I've messaged classmates through Myspace recently and they refer to me as the quiet guy so I have to give some facetious reply. I SERIOUSLY regret my past. If I was given a chance to start over I would take that chance, so that I could experience the experiences I did not experience.

Looking back, I seriously do not know what I could've done though. My parents were strict, and I felt like I needed them at the same time too because I was afraid of the world. Senior year I was investigating in the military branches just so I get out of the country away from everything, but my dad threatened to disown me if I did that. So instead I landed in this university that I had no other choice but to attend and I hate it here. I don't think I fit in, but then I don't know if all universities are the same. I was accepted to the other university I wanted to go to, but I wasn't allowed to go because of distance and my parents heard it was a party university.

I really need some happiness right now, and I don't want to drink because I don't want it to curse me as I have the horrible biology exam coming up in a few days.

I say go for dating. Talk to all of those cute girls you see in class.. you never know what can come of it. And if you feel up for it, you could pursue things with this girl you're talking to currently. Although, long distance would be pretty difficult. It's your call though.

About the archeology thing.. I know plenty of people who are willing to move around for their SO. That situation may not be as hopeless as you think. Either way, if archeology is what you've always dreamed, pursue it. The women will come.

Everyone regrets things in their past. The only difference is how many things we regret. I have plenty that I am trying to deal with right now.. I know how tough it is too. The best advice I have gotten is to not dwell on your regrets. If you were unhappy about not doing that much in high school, then go out and do all the things you have always wanted. If you sit and mourn over all the things you are unhappy with about your past, then your time now will be passing you by. I am working VERY hard on taking my own advice here. I hope things brighten up for you

Ok so ur in college and your looking for a relationsip right now, well i would say that a relationship isnt everything in the world you have a whole future a head of you i mean you know not saying that you can date but you should not rush into those things, you have school to worrry about, dont let the girls get in your way.