Can't believe how quickly I've gotten over her...but I'm so happy I did

Here's my original thread on the break up:

It's crazy how far I've come. I was completely heart broken after the break up. I finally realized today that it was stupid of me to even think about being there as a friend. She told me she needs to figure her stuff out as a single person right now, and I need to give her that space. If she really wanted me around she wouldn't have broken off the relationship.

She's smart enough to know what she did. I think once she realizes that I'm not going to call her or be there whenever she needs me, she'll realize what a mistake she made. I treated her so well and did basically anything she wanted me to.

So, until she is ready to commit 100% to me again, I won't be there. I'm not going to wait around for her to get to this point either. I've already met a new girl that I like and we are going out this week. If a serious relationship forms out of this, then I'm completely ready for it. I feel like I've recovered enough to realize this isn't just a rebound girl.

I don't care if the ex finds out either. In fact, I hope she does and realizes that I'm not just a pushover that will be there all the time.

Be careful.

I felt the same, but was far from ready. I really like the girl I am seeing now, but when we made-out this weekend, I FREAKED OUT. I'm recently out of a 4 year relationship and I was not ready for this next step.

I know I'm sissy-pants, but it was really hard to deal with. Just take it slow man. Take it slow.

Be careful.

I felt the same, but was far from ready. I really like the girl I am seeing now, but when we made-out this weekend, I FREAKED OUT. I'm recently out of a 4 year relationship and I was not ready for this next step.

I know I'm sissy-pants, but it was really hard to deal with. Just take it slow man. Take it slow.

Yeah, I agree. I had just gotten out of a relationship and found a girl I thought I liked, but after a few weeks I realised it was going nowhere.. I thought I was my ex, but I realised I was far from it as well. It was just a rebound girl.