Should I take a girl back to my apartment

when i used to have a crappy apartment with no decent furniture i didn't like to bring guys over. they would see it and think i was some kind of loser.

is there somewhere else you can go to have some privacy? If her place isn't an option then you might have to.

you should think about fixing your place up though. it will make you feel better psychologically

I can't afford anything much right now

I really need the DL on dating. Like do I have to call a girl often like everyday? How often must I call? Is texting okay too? I just need to know everything that I must do after a first date, and some date ideas would be great too, so that I'm not being boring.

When should I take a shot at getting intimate such as holding hands and getting close? The last girl I took out, we were on a couch and it seemed like she was sitting away from me.

there are people who think you should play by very strict dating rules. Personally, i think balance and common sense are the best guides. Touch her in subtle ways, but don't overwhelm her. Pay attention to her body language to see if you should stop or go further. Don't call every day, but call often enough that she knows you're interested. Bring her anywhere you find fun. Girls often love a creative and inventive guy. In the end, if she's into you, it shouldn't matter how fast you kiss her, where you take her on the first date, or how much you text or call her (within reason, of course).

Or I could just be like the doctor from Grey's Anatomy, who owns just a trailer, and I could go to her place. But then do I wait for her to invite me into her place, or do I invite myself? Does it just depend on the intimacy of the night?

There are so many questions that I knew would come up about dating because I wasn't allowed to date back then. And here I thought asking a girl out was hard at first, but its nothing now. I definitely would hate to rely on the internet for marriage advice later on in life.

I hope someday I could handle myself, but I really need youse guys help right now.

focus on the first couple of dates for now, without worrying about going home together. After you've gone out a few times, kissed, and are more sure that you like each other, you can go home together and get it on. i know you're horny because you're just a normal guy. But most girls will be really turned off by a guy who tries to sleep with her on the first date (or second or third).

there are people who think you should play by very strict dating rules. Personally, i think balance and common sense are the best guides. Touch her in subtle ways, but don't overwhelm her. Pay attention to her body language to see if you should stop or go further. Don't call every day, but call often enough that she knows you're interested. Bring her anywhere you find fun. Girls often love a creative and inventive guy. In the end, if she's into you, it shouldn't matter how fast you kiss her, where you take her on the first date, or how much you text or call her (within reason, of course).

Hey I think I lack common sense. Uh I got in 4 car accidents, but none this year, so there is hope for me still.

I don't know if I could be romantic. It just feels uncomfortable and unnatural to me.

And for example, I can't really be original in my art, I can only do portraits and still life.

If she is sitting away from you, move closer. If she moves farther away, I guess you arent' doing fine, but if she doesn't, you're on the right path Its a matter of how things go, but you have to put a little bit on your part to make things happen.

Remember, good things do not happen, you make good things happen.

Crap thats just as hard as before in asking a girl out. This gets more difficult doesn't it? Sometimes I feel like I can't be a boyfriend, and it would be so much easier and a special feeling if the girl made all the moves.

Ummm...You're 19. Isn't it just pretty cool that you have your own apartment? ? Really..... consider that.

Yeah, its a one bathroom one bedroom, 17 year old apartment that supposedly smells like carpet grease or whatever that is. I'm use to the smell now, but my parents would like for me to move into something better but its my money. I got a dining table with chairs, coffee table with end tables for 200 bucks from the landlady. My bed is pretty warm, sexy and comfortable. Tiger striped fur baby! Rawr!

The walls are empty though, and I don't have a TV or couch as I said before.

Crap thats just as hard as before in asking a girl out. This gets more difficult doesn't it? Sometimes I feel like I can't be a boyfriend, and it would be so much easier and a special feeling if the girl made all the moves.

That attitude won't get you anywhere. You have to make the good things happen, if you are just going to sit there and wait, get comfortable, as it will be a long time, maybe never.

Oh, and getting into a relationship is usually the easy part, building the relationship every day is the hard part.

Emmit, my man, if times are trying try link removed

It's a lifesaver for college students, or people going through rough times. People sell, and even give away their furniture for pennies. Yeah it's used, get it washed or throw a cover over it. Check it out bro.

Was everyone like me before? As far as asking a girl out, and then going through these worries?

Did most people go through this through high school, even middle school? I was only allowed to have crushes for the first 18 years of my life. I brought a girl I was in some kind of relationship with to my house to swim in my pool, and my mom called her a wh***.

Can you paint the walls a bright, cool color? Put a bunch of your art work up on the walls. Get some aromatherapy that you can burn or some scented candles or plug-in things that smell good to cover the bad smell. Open the windows before she comes over to air it out too. Get some plants to bring life to the place. Above everything else, make sure it's clean - especially the bathroom and kitchen.

Emmit, my man, if times are trying try link removed

It's a lifesaver for college students, or people going through rough times. People sell, and even give away their furniture for pennies. Yeah it's used, get it washed or throw a cover over it. Check it out bro.

LOL I thought you were talking about sex through craigslist at first....I just don't know if I want used furniture, seems kind of gross, especially a couch. I know if people knew what I didn't on my furniture they wouldn't want it.

Can you paint the walls a bright, cool color? Put a bunch of your art work up on the walls. Get some aromatherapy that you can burn or some scented candles or plug-in things that smell good to cover the bad smell. Open the windows before she comes over to air it out too. Get some plants to bring life to the place. Above everything else, make sure it's clean - especially the bathroom and kitchen.

That sounds very new age hippy and a good idea. Painting seems like too much work, what about those silk wall upholstery things. And I've been needing a tree to cry to.

Was everyone like me before? As far as asking a girl out, and then going through these worries?

Did most people go through this through high school, even middle school? I was only allowed to have crushes for the first 18 years of my life. I brought a girl I was in some kind of relationship with to my house to swim in my pool, and my mom called her a wh***.

I'm not a guy, but I can say that, yeah, guys get nervous and worried when they're trying to date a pretty girl. And not just 19 year old guys - even 30 year old guys! Us girls have it so good. We just have to sit there and look pretty and watch you guys fumble around trying to get your game right. How lame, huh?

Anyway, lots of guys don't have their first gf until they're way older. You're totally normal.

That sounds very new age hippy and a good idea. Painting seems like too much work, what about those silk wall upholstery things. And I've been needing a tree to cry to.

Hey! I can't stand newage hippies! Argh..

But my first apartment was the coolest apartment I ever lived in. We got a ladder and painted this awesome mural on the ceiling with red, blue and yellow paint. It looked like a stain glass window. And we painted stuff all over the kitchen cupboards like "america eats its young" and "meat is dead".

Ah, I love being broke and finding ingenious ways of entertaining myself! sometimes I wish I was a broke 19 year old again.

LOL I thought you were talking about sex through craigslist at first....I just don't know if I want used furniture, seems kind of gross, especially a couch. I know if people knew what I didn't on my furniture they wouldn't want it.

My roommate got her couches off CraigsList and their wonderful - not disgusting at all! What might sound worse is I got my bed off CraigsList. All I can say is it's might comfy.

I'm not a guy, but I can say that, yeah, guys get nervous and worried when they're trying to date a pretty girl. And not just 19 year old guys - even 30 year old guys! Us girls have it so good. We just have to sit there and look pretty and watch you guys fumble around trying to get your game right. How lame, huh?

Anyway, lots of guys don't have their first gf until they're way older. You're totally normal.

I just don't want to feel like I'm coming on to her too hard.

I wish girls would guide me in intimate ways such as taking my hand and putting it in certain places. Does that all depend on how much a girl likes me?

From experience, that has happened only when I assume they were horny or drunk. Also my assumptions, should I really rely on them?

This first date I had with this one girl, it just felt like a real drag, like she was different from the first time I met her and negative. Of course, that might just be my perception because she was probably tired, but part of me feels like giving her another chance for another date.