Oh Lord...best friends EX HUSBAND!!!

Well lets see...

My best friend and I have known each other for about 3 years. Her and her husband separated about a year ago.

He told me last night, that he has liked me for a while. He just didnt say anything because of my now ex boyfriend. (We just broke up on Sunday)...

Well he asked me to come over and hang out. And spend the night. And that we could hang out and see what happens??

Well I told him yes there has always been an attraction, but he is still my best friends EX HUSBAND!! And just way to weird.

I havent told my best friend yet. But we did joke about it once, and she said that she wouldnt care. Becuase the feelings arent there for him anymore..

But how do I let him down gently. See I dont want to say anything thing to him right now. Becuase he has to have a surgery (he has the beginning of crones) and his girlfriend just left him for her ex husband, and she has been rubbing it in his face.

My best friends ex, is a good person. But I think it would be to weird, for me to date him. And plus after a mistake of doing this once before I came up with a rule... NO FRIENDS EX'S period.

I have to take my friend up to her ex's house tonight, to take her to get her car, that her brother in law is fixing..

yeah I think this qualifies as Jerry Springer Show material LOL

Thanks for the help!

You need to be honest.

This guy has your respect and friendship.

Just tell him this and about your rule and still remain his friend.

What you are telling him isn't mean and wouldn't hurt someone too terribly.

It's actually a very kind way to tell the truth.

"I have a lot of respect for you and love being your friend. But I have a "no friend's ex' rule due to past experience."

Then tell him why he will be able to find the right girl any day because it's true, he will.

You are very sweet and nice - don't worry, you aren't being cruel.