INTERESTING..so did/would u have sex under those conditions?

Hey everyone Happy here again

Ok, a couple of weeks ago i asked why it was that christians/other religions disallowed having sex until married and i got some feedback. Refer to this if u wanna kno more

so sorry, i had the wrong one, i'll get back 2 u on the link.

Anyway, so apprently some ppl think if u really luv another enough its still ok and it is true, i reckon some if not most christians would loose their virginity b4 being married anyway.

So what i wanna kno is that. Ok say u're belong 2 a particular religion and u're not really suppose 2 hav sex until u marry that person the question is DID YOU? or WOULD YOU? follow those rules.

I'd like 2 hear from all of u's and any feed back would b greatly appreciated.

Happy Heb

I'm Catholic and there is no premarital sexual expression at all allowed.

Broke all the rules pretty much. It's something you've got to find out for yourself, what your beliefs are, what values you have, what you think is right, what is best in your heart. And then follow that.

Personally I have spent countless hours with the issue, and have debated with theology professors left and right. Not just for the sake of argument, but to find the truth. I do consider myself relgious, and I pray on a regular basis, I just felt the Catholic church is wrong on this one. I had a theology class last semester that dedicated a month to this topic. I think there were 30 guys in the class. Before we started the discussion, the split was about half and half as far as who agreed with the church and who disagreed with it. I was one who disagreed, and I presented my case for the next month. By the end of the course, not a single person in my class agreed with the church, and the professor had backed off, seeing as all of his arguments for the church's side were utterly shredded in front of 30 impressionable young people. I could go into the arguments but it would take hours upon hours to type into this message. If someone wants to present some arguments for the catholic church though, I would be happy to briefly challenge them next time I check this forum, which would be kinda fun. I'm still looking for someone to present a solid argument and change my mind, but as of now it hasn't happened.

Think about it, research it, pray about it, figure out what is best for YOU.

-td

• 1 month later...

im a christian so im not gonna have premarital sex, because i reckon if u actually believe in God, then:

A- u put him first in your life, and do what he wants, not what u want

B- u know he created u, and he created sex. he designed it with a specific purpose in mind: to physically unite ONE man with ONE woman within the bonds of marriage

ill use an allegory if i may

i gave my pet dog a blanket. i had a specific purpose in mind for the blanket: to keep the dog warm. but he chewed the blanket to shreds, and had a great time doing it.

the dog thought "what fun! my human thinks i shouldnt have done that, but i know whats best for me"

that night, he had no blanket, and wondered why it was so cold...

the point, i hope, is obvious. we dont really know whats best for us, although we think we might. the only one who does know is the one who made us.

i would love to hear a rebutle *tylerdurden*, or anyone else for that matter, cos i have no idea what u could say to that.

LOL 'm i bad!

I'm sorry 2, I just realised that talordurben was another user. Nah we're all good don't worrya bout it.

Yea, i wanna hear from that person 2. Yes, now that you brang it up I am VERY interested too. Challenge, Challenge, Challange (chants)

Eagerly awaiting response from tylerdurben!

I'm glad u like this topic the food dogs luv (feels flattered)

Happy Heb