Wrong perdiod timing then missed period ... ?

TheLostBird

Hello guys,

I hope you can offer me some insight.

My girlfriend and I are rather confused and worried. She recently (3 months ago) switched birth control to a "weaker" pill.

Everything was fine until about a couple of weeks ago. She was not due for her period till 10 days later, but she had it anyway. She kept taking the hormone pills (non-placebo) and she kept menstruating for 4 days or so.

When it was time for her "sugar" pills, i.e. when her period was SUPPOSED to be, she didnt bleed much at all, and just spotted a little, and we kept having sex.

I brought this up to her and now shes worried, and so am I. What does this mean really? Is this common? Can that happen and the woman not be pregnant? Its too early to take a pregnancy test ...

Help?

Most of the tests are good to use within a few days of a first missed period. If it makes you feel better, go head and get a test.

However, if she had not missed a pill and only switched brands she was probally still protected however she may want to ask her doctor to be sure of this.

To ensure your peace of mind perhaps you should be using condoms in addition to the birth control. If youa re not ready to have babies you are trusting those little pills a bit much. What if she forgets to take them? What if she intentionally doesnt take them.... ooops who's the daddy....