does she have feelings for me? is she selfish?

One of my female friends is mad/frustrated at me because I didn't contact her / tell her Happy Valentine's Day on the 14th; (I am not dating this girl, currently single, and also did not feel the need to really contact anyone else on valentine's, because it's silly to use one day to show care for others) I travelled 4 hours to see her a two months ago for her office xmas party which she generously invited me to and spent another weekend hanging out with her and some of my other friends.

This whole thing doesn't bother me really, but the only aspect of it that might is that she may be selfish, or has feelings for me. Is this possible? I wonder if this is why she said "I'm mad at you", then deleted my messages back to her. My only thought is that either she is being selfish and/or has feelings for me. If she was my true friend, and unselfish, she would realize that I have gone out of my way for her as a friend.

That does sound odd... if you were dating her, then she would have a good reason to be feeling hurt (although this is something that might need to be discussed first since not everyone buys into V-day or celebrates it to the same degree). However, if she is just a friend, why is she expecting something from you? It sounds like you don't usually do something for your friends on that day...

I would say she was having unrealistic expectations for some reason, or she expects cards from her friends as well as significant others... which is a bit unfair because not everyone can be expected to know this.

Last thought is that she's sweet on you, built up her hopes for some romantic gesture that would indicate interest in a romantic relationship from you, and disappointed herself.

I think it's definitely possible that she has feelings for you, but another possibility may be that she was relying on you to be the guy who was there for her on Valentine's Day, whether or not you two are in a relationship (or whether or not she even wants a relationship with you, for that matter).. She may have just thought of you as the one guy in her life that would call/contact her, and she may have been "depending" on you to make her VDay a little brighter.