Friendship to Love - Is there a clear line?

Nappy

My question for guys is this...

If you truly care for another girl that you are just friends with....Does that mean it can easily turn into love?

I mean care so much about her that the things going on in her life excite you and truly make you giddy. Assuming the things that stop you disappear (ie: being in a relationship with someone else, the fact that it is your best friend's sister,etc)....Does that "in love" happen that much easier and deeper?

And not just that....But can you love a female friend without it being anything more than a friendly love?

It seems that guys pretty much always have every female on their list of dateable people....So would this type of a friendship confuse you in terms of your own feelings (not the other persons)? Is there ever an exception...Is there pickiness that occurs or could you have the desire to get romantically involved with just about anyone you befriend?

Also, do you find patterns in the type of people you choose as female friends. I personally get along with an array of people. But if you find yourself always choosing a similar quality in all the girls you become friends with, such as true and constant wit.....Does this become a quality you are attracted to and look for in women for relationships?

I have a couple of close guy friends who I love. I really care about them and think theyre wonderfull. But.. I could never be with them. Why??? Good question ang. I guess theres just that something extra that you can't put into words thats not there with them. Pretty unclear, huh? I think it also has to do w/ how well I know them. I don't think I could deal w/ thier particular "hang-ups" w/girls and someother things we don't see eye to eye on that are important to me.

Well I think it is possible to fall in love with a friend or have a relationship with a friend. A relationship is seemingly just a very very close friendship at least relationships should be friendships you can not just love a person you have to like them as well. But no I don't think it can be a spur of the moment thing, love just doesn't usually work that way but there are always exceptions. I think it can come and hit you all at once but it builds up. In my mind a friend that becomes more is one of the purest relationships you can have. Because you know the person and he knows you, how you act,ow you live, what your quirks are everything. So you go into with no regrets and no secrets. With the last question. That is more a matter of who you are if you only go and befriend smart intellectual types than yes you choose these people on that basis for that reason maybe even for that connection between the two. If you are like yourself and don't have a preference then no it is not based on having that special connection its just to have people who's company you enjoy.

I fell in love with a dear friend in collage. I would have liked a relationship with her, but I knew it wouldn't work out. She was heading off starting her own life, had alot of problems at home and I doubted that adding me to her life would have helped. Turns out I was right, the only way she could fix her problems was by moving to another town far away.

So yes, you can fall in love with a friend and still have a good relationship with them.

In all out honesty, I have a best "guy" friend whom i've never been attracted to and never even thought of hitting on. He is not into me at all. He and I have even shared a bed together (WHEN I WAS NOT MARRIED) and we didnt even think to touch eachother. He is not an ugly guy, its just he is like a brother to me.

We are strictly friends. It is possible if two people go into it knowing its just platonic. We've been friends for over 6 yrs. My husband knows him and is not threatened at all. His lady knows me and is also not threatened. I don't call him at all hours of the night, I don't disrespect her in that way or him. We're just friends.

HOWEVER...

I do think that if you find someone whom you were friends with first and it turns into love..it could be the type of love that actually lasts.

The only problem with going from friendship to a relationship is that if it doesn't work out, you might lose the friendship so make sure its worth it. My relationships evolved from friendship, but they weren't close friendships, i.e. we weren't best friend type friends. After we broke up the friendship died. However, I am slowly becoming friends with my last girlfriend again. However it has taken 1.5 years since the breakup.

It is possible.

friends can turn into really great lovers. just be ready to lose a friend if it doesn't work out though. the aftermath is rough.

........................................................................................................................................................................................