Need to Focus!!!!!!

I have a problem that is messing my life! I just cant seem to focus on ANYTHING! I cant visualise what i want to do with my life! I start to think of hundreds of things i could do but dont actually dream of anything in particular. I know i wnt to be successful and live VERY comfortably but dont knw how im going to get there. Its affecting me in such a bad way. I am very intelligent young woman and know i have the potentiall to be anything i want to be but, be WHAT? I feel so stupid because i'm in a difficult relationship i'd like to get out of but then i start to think what will i do with myself after that? I've NEVER known actually what i want to do with myself. I feel like my useful brain is lying dormant. Its VERY frustrating. ALL my friends are starting their careers while im STILL asking myself,"what do i want be when i grow up?" Its so embarrasing and frustrating! Please does any one know whats wrong with me? I've tried figuring out my passion, interests to avail! AM I MAD?

Well it's a problem I've had. Why not go to a local college and take some assessment tests. It may help you figure out what you like. Other things to consider: Do you have any hobbies? What classes did you like the most in school? What shows do you generally watch? What interests you about those shows? You can get an idea of what interests you and then see if it's where you want to go in life.

My brothers girlfriend figured out she wanted to be a geneticist just by something they studied in class one day at school. Take that small thing of interest and figure out how to make it into a career. You have one we all do.

Bring order into chaos.

instead of saying to yourself im going to do this,that,this then that, then sus, then so then this then that etc etc.

grab a pen and paper, put all the things you can think off in a list, then start making priorities. Then make numbers, then grab a dice, and before you throw it you say to yourself that ' you will be satisfied with no matter what the outcome will be ' then a number will appear, do that. (since doing something is better then nothing any number will be good compared to what you are doing now)

I myself was/am in a similar situation. It's frustrating to study hard for your marks when you don't even know what you are studying hard for...and then friends graduate and it's like a reality check to you because you are wondering why you are behind.

I would suggest expanding your knowledge about careers and find out what it is you like such as Jetta had mentioned already. When you land on what you are meant to you you will know.

And here is something I found to help me a lot, it's a speech given by Steve Jobs to a graduating class at Stanford.

link removed