Can someone help solve my dilemma?

I am in grade 12 and I recently finished my peer leadership course. During my course my placement was in a grade 9 music class. While in that class, I began to get very close to, and falling in love with one of the girls in that class.

It is now second semester and I want to ask her out, but I am socially inept and used to rejection because I am a complete nerd. Can somone please help me out with this situation??

Know that, in college, things change. Girls will start to realize that every guy is nerdy to some level. We all have our weird quirks... and people begin to give in to them at college... why? cuz most people are likeminded. So its a common atmosphere.

Do you like being a nerd?

Ask her dude. If she does reject you don't worry about it there's always more. You shouldn't have let yourself get hooked on her in the first place.

You have to learn from your mistakes, one failure opens a door for new oppertunity. Ask her out right away. If she says no move on. It's no big deal. The best relationships you have come after highschool. You'll be fine.

It's all about how you make them feel... be well groomed, relax and be funny, confident, even a little cocky (but not arrogant). Life is too short to sit around and watch the other guy get your girl... do the math (get a calculator, figure out how many seconds you have left to live, and press the [-] [1] key every second... scary isn't it? Go for it!!