boy likes girl, but not that easy

naiveme

Hi,

Boy (me) likes girl. Wants to ask her out. But it is not so easy.

Met each other a few times and had fun, speaking/texting every day as well for over a month now.

Last night she got drunk sent text message to me asking to meet up later in weekend and that she quite liked me (don't know how much she had had to drink at that point) Then it seems she got really drunk and went back to a guys place and slept in his bed (fully clothed she assures me) after going in for a cup of tea.

She broke up with long term boyfriend about 3/4 months ago.

She has also said that I am probably just what she needs (a calming influence) and she is quite regularly out at nights drinking away with friends and says she can be a bit too 'wild'.

So question is should I ask her out or ask her where I stand? I like this girl but do not know what to do. It is really doing my head in ](*,)

Last night she got drunk sent text message to me asking to meet up later in weekend and that she quite liked me (don't know how much she had had to drink at that point) Then it seems she got really drunk and went back to a guys place and slept in his bed (fully clothed she assures me) after going in for a cup of tea.

She broke up with long term boyfriend about 3/4 months ago.

She has also said that I am probably just what she needs (a calming influence)

Are you really smitten with this girl? Because if not - no, I wouldn't go there, there's a lot of red flags in your message. I'm not being mean, it's just that she isn't really respecting you or crazy about you. I think she's seeing you as someone who will put up with her behaving poorly towards you, and 'be nice' to her when she needs it.

If you ARE smitten with her, then yes, ask her out, but tread cautiously - I think she might hurt you, given what you've posted here.

Take care and good luck!

I think you better have a heart of steal to deal with this. Do you really want to have to change someone? You are gonna waste a lot of resources to accomplish it.. but if that is what you want ask her out. Simple

But I've been there done that... so I'd do what Hazy said.

Walk away.

Speaking as someone who totally rebounded three months after the end of her long-term relationship - don't go there if you want something serious!!!!

Three months out of an LTR, and I was chomping at the bit to hook up with guys and, at the same time, didn't give a rat's a** about long-term potential. It was all, "me me me!" I was so confident, had a few hot dudes after me, and it was really weird because, well, I'm not normally a man-eater.

If you're looking for a real relationship, run in the other direction. If you're looking for some fun and some serious booty with a built-in expiration date, then I would pursue her.

this girl sounds kinda like me! i got out of a 6 yr relationship in april and i go clubbing every wknd and get pretty crazy. i've been able to be a good girl wen i'm talking to sum1 that i like, but at this point i couldn't get into a relationship. i think the all i can really do rite now is date exclusively. that bf/gf stuff isnt something i want to deal w/rite now. so if u wanna casually date i say go for it.