Girlfriend wants me to go to school dance with her...

So my girlfriend told me the Winter Formal is coming up on February 24th. I said yes of course, but I didn't tell her I can't dance. In fact, I've never been to a dance before. I didn't go to prom, or any of those things during high school. It just wasn't my thing. She's one of those girls that does the ghetto dancing...or whatever they call it. You know, she knows how to shake it. I'm kind of nervous about it. I have no clue what I'd be doing out there.

Anybody else in this situation?

Yeah I never learned to dance in school either,...I had a good time a party when people were in a dance circle, but all I could do was watch cause I didn't know anything(and definitely was afraid to try). So...I'm learning now, but of course it's a different kind of "dance" than you'd be doing with your g/f. Honestly, a lot of people don't really know how to dance, it's more of a confidence thing(just like a lot of things in this world are). You have till the 24th...I suggest you (A) Tell her and have her help you learn, or (B) Look up videos on how to dance, practice on your own some basics, you can pick up some basics in a few weeks, or © don't go at all...but then your girl may be dancing with other guys and that's up to you if you trust her enough to keep her hands to herself in some manner. Choice is yours...I dont know, there's probably more options, but like I said, I'm teaching myself different styles right now, and I love it...but I do it on my own...haven't shown anyone yet haha(maybe in a couple of months I'll go public).