Hello all,

I'm a sophomore in college at a very large university. I am interested in sports journalism and am involved in the student radio station on campus. I do radio play-by-play for the women's basketball team.

There is a freshman on the team who I think is incredibly beautiful. She rarely plays, but always shows a lot of energy on the bench. I would love to get a chance to meet her, but I have no idea how.

I am "friends" with her on Facebook, but we've never actually spoken. I really would love to get a chance to talk with her and maybe even ask her on a date. I feel like she's a little "out of my league", but I'm more than willing to try.

Any advice on how I could initiate contact with her??

First off, you made the mistake by saying " She's out of your league "

~There's no such thing.

Second off, i'm sure you're a great guy, right? I mean, honest, would you date yourself?

~YES!!

Thirdly, there's no REAL wrong way to get to know her. Just chat her up, make small talk one day, start the conversation by saying " Hey! Noticed you were on the Basketball Team, I happen to do etc etc for the radio station! "

~She's already digging you

You say that you are interested in sports journalism and are involved with the radio station. Well, those are perfect excuses to get to know an athlete! Maybe the radion station can "ask you to interview a member of the basketball team." Ask her about a recent/upcoming game to start a conversation...and then segue to ask her more personal questions.

Are you ever in a situation where you can approach her? Open practices or anything? Do you have direct contact with the team, or are you always just commenting from afar? If yes, then a little courage and confidence is all it takes. If not, then look into actually doing an interview for the radio station...Good luck!

First off, you made the mistake by saying " She's out of your league "

~There's no such thing.

Second off, i'm sure you're a great guy, right? I mean, honest, would you date yourself?

~YES!!

Thirdly, there's no REAL wrong way to get to know her. Just chat her up, make small talk one day, start the conversation by saying " Hey! Noticed you were on the Basketball Team, I happen to do etc etc for the radio station! "

~She's already digging you

I agree with this. i mean you just speak to her and warm up to her and let everything fall into place. thats how i met my b/f he was extremely shy and nervous and he started a conversation with me by telling me that i was very beautiful. and everything went from there. andnow 5 years later we're still together and in love(LDR though ) just try it..whats the worse that can happen?