im an 18 year old male who was in an accident and needed a root canal on one front tooth and implant on the other front tooth and a root canal on the next tooth to that. All three will eventually be crowned. I came accross information on a number of different websites (cant post urls) but a clip is here. (There are charts i found that display the following information as well).

"Of equal interest is the relationship of root filled teeth to traditional Chinese medicine and body energies. All teeth are linked to the body via acupuncture meridians and having a root filled tooth, a large amalgam filling, a crown, or anything that is not compatible with the body, on a meridian may set up an interference field, blocking or altering the energy flow ( the chi ') passing through this meridian and cause a disease in an organ or body function remote from the tooth. For example a front upper incisor is on the Kidney/ Bladder meridians and having a root treated tooth here may cause gynecological problems, kidney problems, impotence, and sterility if you follow a Chinese medicine theme. These teeth also relate to spinal segments and joints, the front incisor relates to the coccyx and posterior knee and to L2, L3, S3, and 6."

also will the crowns look okay assuming my dentist is qualified?

thanks a lot

My dad was a basketball player in high school. At one of his games he got hit in the face with a ball and it broke his two front teeth. He had to have crowns put in.

He's 65 today and this year he had one of the crowns replaced as it came loose, but other than that he's had no trouble with them and they look completely natural.

I think if you have a good dentist you should have little problem and should hopefully have the same, long lasting, natural looking results.

While I think there are some great things that alternative medicine can offer, I also think some of the ideas/theories are a little whacked out.

My dad was a dentist...I worked in his office when I was in high school and college. If you have a good dentist who uses a competent dental lab (the lab will actually make your crowns) you'll be fine. You won't even be able to tell the difference between the crowns and your real teeth.

I have 2 crowns, neither of which is distinguishable from my real teeth. I also have very old silver amalgam fillings and a few newer fillings of a tooth-colored material. I have no weird side effects or ill health due to any of these things.

I think the stuff you're reading about alternative health practices is freaking you out for no really good reason. If you subscribe to their theories, what are you going to do....not get your teeth fixed?

See your dentist. Get the crowns. Properly done they will look and function like your normal teeth.

"Of equal interest is the relationship of root filled teeth to traditional Chinese medicine and body energies. All teeth are linked to the body via acupuncture meridians and having a root filled tooth, a large amalgam filling, a crown, or anything that is not compatible with the body, on a meridian may set up an interference field, blocking or altering the energy flow ( the chi ') passing through this meridian and cause a disease in an organ or body function remote from the tooth. For example a front upper incisor is on the Kidney/ Bladder meridians and having a root treated tooth here may cause gynecological problems, kidney problems, impotence, and sterility if you follow a Chinese medicine theme. These teeth also relate to spinal segments and joints, the front incisor relates to the coccyx and posterior knee and to L2, L3, S3, and 6."

This sounds a little odd. You have to get your teeth fixed so worrying about stuff like this isn't going to do you any good. Dont waste your energy worrying about things you cant change.

I have a crown on my front tooth and it is perfect. It looks like all my other teeth.

I've had plenty of acupuncture and suffer from spinal stenosis and upper body neuropathies. I've done a lot of work and a lot of research in my own path to getting better. Without alternative knowledge as well as modern medical technology, I could never have made it. It took both for me to survive.

I would not consider any ancient Chinese medicine to be whacked out. There is much truth and wisdom in their knowledge - things western science has yet to uncover, but will, I believe.

Another thing is there is a lot of westernized interpretations of this wisdom which all just flaked out holier than thou new age nonsense stuck in a rut of right and wrong conversation of things that can not really be known or scientifically explained, only practiced. By the time this "knowledge" makes it through that process, it is worthless c**p.

In my own thinking there are parts of our bodies which serve as active interfaces with our major sensory contact with the world. At these locations networks of energy connect somehow in someway to the rest of our whole body. Such places like this, in my thinking, are the hands and feet and eyes. After reading this post I am open to the idea that the mouth, the teeth and gums especially and our internal organs that process outside materials, are also such highly charged interfaces.

On the other hand a mouth without teeth can be pretty rough on digestion and also hard if you are trying to smile your way through our image-conscious culture.

I applaud this guy for considering these things. I think he should get his mouth fixed and just understand that this is all a process of life - our bodies do wear and we also take conscious care of them along the way. There is nothing unnatural about modern medicine - it is an extension of nature through us.

And I promise you the body will find a way to reroute that blocked energy - especially if you are very aware of these things.