I need HELP!!!! i like my roommate and i dunno what to do

I just moved into this apartment with this georgous girl that goes to my school. She is perfect in every way, personally. the problem is that her on and off again boyfriend lives in the same complex. One night she stormed into the apartment all flustered saying that her "boyfriend" got in a huge fight and got preety violent so she said they "broke up" saying that he was unstable. So we just talked about it for a couple hours supposedly telling me that they fight all the time and he is abusive and possesive, and suicidal. Anyway i got i got trashed one night and i think i might have said some stuff i really regret saying, for instance i think i said i liked her and her boyfriend was p.o.s. and then i blacked out. Since that night she went back to him saying that she felt bad for him because he was drinking and threatening to kill himself because she broke up with him. She stays over at his apartment now and i havent seen her in a week.

i dunno what to do because she is a great girl that i have all the respect in the world for and she keeps getting sucked into this bottomless pit of a boyfriend which they fight all the time and threatens to kill himself if she leaves him. What should i do?

In my opinion: Nothing... unless you know she's in physical danger.

Other than that, it's up to her to leave him on her own; besides, why would you want to be with a girl that is still emotionally attached to someone else? Bleh, I'd hate knowing that I'm not the only person on her mind if I'm going out with her. She has to be 100% over the person for me to want to be with her, in this case.

• Like 1

Yeah, don't waste your time on this girl. I know that isn't what you want to hear, but you'll find out on your own given time. Most of us had to learn the hard way.

Don't be that guy that sits listening to a girl ramble for hours about their ex/boyfriend/whatever. Don't get sucked into her drama, it's pathetic. I know there is something in the male psyche that draws us to a woman in distress, but get over it. This isn't real distress...she's right where she wants to be. Be strong, get over her drama, get over the crush and live your own life...above all her crap. Move out if you have to.

There's nothing harder than knowing someone you care about is in an unhealthy, abusive relationship. Because there really is nothing you can do.

I'm sure she's heard that she needs to leave him. I'm sure she's heard that he's no good for her. But the only one who can really do anything about it is her.

Some people have to learn the hard way. I hope she doesn't, but if and when she does come back, she will need a friend and support.

Egads , if you are interested in this woman romantically then change the subject - you don't need to be hearing about the other guy - this puts you too far in the friend zone.

Definitely be involved if she is in immediate physical danger at your place.

If you continue to have feelings for a girl who attracts herself to such danger and drama - or any woman you may live with but does not reciprocate where your heart is at - consider moving and fast.

You don't need the distraction.

You have a better chance gaining some romantic footing with her by removing yourself from this situation, imo.