asking out a co-worker

scotty77

Everyone knows the risks involved with asking out someone you work with.If she says no then you have to see her often and that could be uncomfortable.There is a woman at work who is older than me and while we get along well I think she would be surprised by my romantic interest.I know she is single and has shown some signs that she might be interested but because of her age I don't think she suspects that I am.Anyway should I ask her out and take the consequences or just forget about her?

I'm in the same boat as you man, shes maybe 4 years older than me and has worked there along time, and I like my work because of her and a few others; if they weren't there, I'd probably find the job stressful and boring.

Here are our options:

1) Continue the current relations as work mates by simply working with each other

2) Carry friendly relations outside of work by simply taking a break together

3) Pursue romantic relations by asking her out to dinner

The worst that could happen is she will giggle or look at funny if she says no to you.

My fault is analyzing the situation in the first place, and I believe I made a mistake tonight, but lets talk about your situation in your thread.