What makes success?

Living in the South, would I be more successful if I was a devout Christian shooting for the business world?

I don't quite understand your question. Are you asking would you be more successful if you were a devout christian vs. not? Well, I bet you could wind up making a lot of business contacts at church, and that would help you out. But I think, to be professional, you should keep religion out of your career life. (Unless your career is intimately tied in with religion, as in you own a religious bookstore.) And you certainly don't want to offend other potential business partners who are not christian.

In short, I'd try to keep religion and your career separate.

You don't have to live in the south if it is easier to do what you want to do elsewhere in the country (or even in a different country). Financial success is probably, all else being equal, easier to obtain in private industry than by working for the government. For me, personally, success is when you are doing something you like, you are competent at it and are respected by your peers/bosses for your skills and knowledge, when others are motivated to work hard for you and with you because of your leadership skills, etc.

sweat+sacrafice=success, it all depends on how bad you want something not always about what you believe in

First, what is success?

Is it relative? Is it financial? Is it contacts? Is it sexual and reproductive?

I don't quite understand your question. Are you asking would you be more successful if you were a devout christian vs. not? Well, I bet you could wind up making a lot of business contacts at church, and that would help you out. But I think, to be professional, you should keep religion out of your career life. (Unless your career is intimately tied in with religion, as in you own a religious bookstore.) And you certainly don't want to offend other potential business partners who are not christian.

In short, I'd try to keep religion and your career separate.

In inference to where I inhabit and adapting to my habitat, that is the South, which is full of Caucasion Christians.

Success is how you personally define it. That's it. In my view you get into trouble when you start defining it by others' standards without having a solid sense of how you define it.

I would not blame where you live on whether you can be successful. Most of the time you can change where you live - what is holding you back?

Success is how you personally define it.

So true Batya. It can be about money, prestige, a balanced life, or simply following through. Regardless of how you define it, to achieve it you need:

1. Perseverence

2. Grit

3. Determination

4. Drive

5. Motivation

6. Stick-to-ititiveness

Some successful people have told me that smarts, luck, contacts, looks, charm, education, intuition and talent is less than 10% - sort of like icing on the cake. Perseverence and stick-to-ititiveness makes up the rest. Reinforces the old sayng I always heard as a kid: "You can do anything you set your mind to in life."