Just a little advice please

Hello Everyone. I have decided to come here to ask for some advice. My work transferred me to another location so while I was there I wanted everyone to think I was older. So when people asked my age I told everyone I was 24...I continued with that because if I told them the truth that I was 20 that it would be hard for me to get a promotion and so on. So while I was telling people I was 24 I met this girl I work with. She is 25. She always asked me how old I was so I continued to lie about my age so nobody would find out...Well as time when on I started to build feelings for her and she felt the same way. I no longer work at that location and have relocated. We still talk and there have been talks about maybe getting together. The thing is I am afraid to tell her I am 20 because she may look at me a lot different because I have been lying to her. She is the sweetest lady and really brings out the best in me. I want to tell her but am worried that it will ruin everything. Any thoughts on how I should go about telling her? Should I wait til I am 21 so she doesnt think I can go out to the restaurants and do things people 21 can do? I am confused on what to do....

Hey jim - Welcome to ENA!!

If I were you - I would totally tell her - in person or over the phone with YOUR voice - your reasoning for it, how you accidentally got caught up in the lie and make SURE you mention how nervous you are to tell her the truth but you knew you HAD to come clean.

Chances are, she'll totally understand. If she likes you, I doubt she'll stop liking you just cos you're not quite as old as you said you were...

....unless you DON'T tell her soon!!

Best of luck dude, and keep us posted!!

• 4 weeks later...