How long does it take to fall in love?

I dont think the "line" is that defined, some may experience the "love at first sight" but i think thats more a "desire at first sight", real love i think builds over time, sometimes quickly sometimes slow.

Love can also go die quickly or slowley over time also.

This question is almost like asking what love IS, and if you ask 100 people, youll probably get 100 different answers.

In my opinion the steps are these, 1 you meet someone that attracts you for whatever reason, second you get to know that person, you have an interest in them, then as you get to know them, you start to think more and more about them and feel you need to be with them more and look forward to the nxt moment youll be with them.

the speed at which that varies depends on the people and circumstances.

in your case, just because there are difficulties doesnt mean that your not in love with each other, distance can be a pretty good test of how much you want each other its hard on relationships.

Love is complicated, for what some call love some would call lust.

Or only "think" they are in love. Love develops over time, i wouldn't expect it until you feel you know that person mentally, physically, spiritually, emotionally and gain significant feelings. As much as I believe love should be given freely, not everyone is going to feel the same. Love is different when you 15, love is different when you're 25.

Be Well,

Amberfire

Okay well Im gonna give a somewhat different opinion!!

I dont believe love develops over time; I believe u just know.

My nan met my grandad, within 2 weeks they were engaged, within 2 months they were married, and now, 55 years later they are stronger than ever! And u know what my nan says? She knew she loved him from day one. Now yes maybe they're one of the lucky ones, but it shows it can happen!!

Another example, my brother met his girlfriend when he was 14 and she was 15, he said it was love at first sight, yes everyone was sceptical, but seven years later, and still going strong!! These are 2 healthy and strong relationships, and both expressed there mutual love in the very early days!!

So, like I said, I dont think theres any time limit on love, I just think when its right, u know it.

~Pimpcess~

Hi all!

Pimpcess, that's a great response! It's always really cool to hear love stories! I personally agree with this to a point. I believe that you can fall for someone very quickly, indeed... but I think "true love", or that "soulmate" feeling is unsure until you really get to know someone. That's not to say the initial reaction is untrue, but I believe there can definitely be a very large spark of emotion, and that it is your spirit telling you that it is the right thing to do, and usually your instincts serve you well...

Just my thoughts!

S.A.M.

Hello again...

I just want to point out that last post from Molly... it is very true. When true love is in your life, you have no question about it. Love is a deep emotion, much deeper than 'wants' or 'lusts'. It does not just make you feel drawn to someone, it really changes you inside and you'll just know when you feel it. I've felt it before and I know I will again... and geez, I can't wait, it's the best feeling in the world!

S.A.M.