we were doing great, but now she's getting clingy and obsessive. help!!

so i've been going out with her for atleast a month and it's been going great. we'd talk on the phone for hours, txt each other, hang out during lunch, go on dates and make out during some of the more boring movies (like The Return...God i swear...)

but now she's getting obsessive. and clingy. she's been txting me lately and all she wants to do is say hi, get the watsup, and cyber. i'm thinkin " * * *, i'm not your 24/7 phone sex slave." and when it's not that it's her constant obsessive "oh i love you so much" every other txt. and that's fine i think, but i'm not her 24/7 worship center either.

i really, really want to break up with her, but we really did have a great time with each other the first month. she's flip if i wasn't with her. i believe in second chances, but what should i do? gradually do less with her? tell her how i feel? dump her and hope she doesn't do something crazy?

I think she's responding to the intensity of the early days, and thinks that you are happy with this. It's easy to get carried away, and think that constant communication is fantastic!

How about talking to her about it? Saying that you prefer to meet up with her rather than communicating constantly by text/msn etc. If things were really good with you, then give her the heads up and say that you're feeling things are a bit intense, can she ease off a bit, and in return you won't just vanish.

I know it's hard - I must say I have been in that situation myself (on both sides), and it's a tough one. But give it a go by talking to her, seeing if you can get to the sort of communication that you both are comfortable with.

Good luck with this!