Legal question

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which is only in the case in which one isnt self-harming with the intent of suicide.

Which the original post said taking large quantities of pills, that is for the intention of suicide and doesn't cover the grounds of self-harming or self injury IMO.

That's what it says, if the person is not in immediate/life threatening danger and seems stable- but still requires a lengthy psych evaluation.

Suicide itself isn't illegal. Assisting someone in suicide is though.

Suicide Act 1961.

Apparently this did not apply to all the states in 1961:

Curiously, as of 1963, six states still considered attempted suicide a crime--North and South Dakota, Washington, New Jersey, Nevada, and Oklahoma.

link removed

You certainly seem to have done your homework. I'm curious why you are so interested in this?

The real shame is that if the don't follow those rules they can lose their jobs simply for trying to do their job too well. There is a very fine line that must be very hard to walk in cases like this.

Especially in the case of people LOOKING for a way to press charges against the cops.

Seems to be evident in this case.

Suicide is the easy way out anyways.

Especially in the case of people LOOKING for a way to press charges against the cops.

Seems to be evident in this case.

Suicide is the easy way out anyways.

You could not be more wrong if you tried. But okay. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I'm not sure what you mean by this.

Are you thinking about killing yourself?

Yeah.

Did someone find you hanging? When was that?

What is your plan now?

My mother had a rare moment of lucidity when I was 14. Didn't last long.

Jaffa, we are here to help you but we cannot do that unless you allow us. No one is going to tell you how to end your life. But we might be able to tell you how to begin it.

Why not give us a chance?

Are you gonna save me?

So I just found this thread that you started about your dad being an alcoholic.

Do you live with him? Who else?

You do not have to turn out like him. My mom had FOUR parents who were all alcoholics (mom, dad, and the step parents) and they were horribly abusive to her all her life. She has been married for 36 years, has 4 grown children and doens't touch alcohol. It is not destined to be your fate.