Everytime I see her it's a challenge

Tonight I will see my ex again. Last night she hugged everyone but me, even though she was much friendlier than my first contact with her. I think she is very good at avoiding contact that will be painful to either her or me. Hopefully in time maybe that will change. I never thought she would ever talk to me again but I was wrong. Hope I'm wrong about some other things as well... In any case, wish me luck whoever reads this. It's amazing the power both positive and negative that love can have on you.

Well - - I saw her again last night. She went out of her way to say hi before I did. We didn't get to talk much as we went straight through practice and then it was over. I complemented her on her singing on a song and she smiled at me and slowly said thank you. That felt good... Throughout the evening (about 3 hours) we just played and had a good time. I just maintained a nonchalant attitude and I could tell she was watching me and looking to see if I was looking at her when we were singing but I stayed focused. I wasn't trying to be mean or play head games I just wanted to avoid the temptation. When we finished I shook hands/hugged everyone except her. I smiled at her and told everyone goodbye and walked out with a smile on my face. As I was walking out the door she said goodbye to me but I didn't turn around. I felt good and didn't hang around to see if she would hug me. Besides I wanted to watch American Idol.

One more thing she said that felt good - - she stopped everyone before I left and told the band that she wanted everyone to know that she thought the combination of me and the new young guy on guitar was amazing. She said it fit together like a ball and glove. First compliment from her in months... I thanked her and then that's when I said goodbye. I felt pretty good...