Well the title says it all, I'm clueless as to what I did to my best friend of 10+ years. She's been giving me the silent treatment since Christmas then yesterday she posts a blog about feeling she's being taken advantage of and that she feels no one does her favors and need her only when convenient. Which I know can't relate to me because I haven't spoken with her since Christmas.

Plus I never ask for anything because she works odd hours and I have kids now so we're both pretty busy. Anyways then she makes a statement about how she should have just stayed a loner in school which I felt related to me. I called her and left her a message as soon as I read it, then I emailed her again. And today I still haven't heard from her and she delete's the blog entry. I'm just so frustrated and confused. I miss my best friend. She's the only I really have and it hurts to be shut out like this.

• Like 1

Hello votregitan,

It sounds as though your friend may have some other pressures from other people or just circumstances.

You might just wait a little while, and send her an e-mail that says pretty much what you expressed in your post.

Good luck, and there is always hope for old friendships.

Jeff

Hi, I'm really sorry to hear this cos a similar thing happened to me with my best friend of 7 years, and she just suddenly started ignoring me and being really nasty. It hurt so much when it happened first and i tried to sort it out by ringing her to discuss it and rebuilding our friendship.

a few months on, I realise that I don't want to be friends with someone who would treat me so badly for no reason, especially when I would have done anything for her.

The thing that really helped me is that my other friends, who i wouldn't have been as close to, saw what was going on and really supported me and made me feel better and I feel like I've created stronger friendships through losing my best friend.

Ooh Fairy Queen - you took my words, believe me I just wanted to post a new thread regarding similar situation of your with my friend. We were best best friends for 5 years and I made all my best to help this lady but unfortunately she was ignoring me many times. At last I got tired and told her that "you're ignoring me too much" these honest words made her angry and she said - that's it, is over.

My last words I said, I gonna miss you - for 4 months there was no word from her and from me to her either. But since last week she started sending me normal emails, fun emails without saying Hi to me. I have not responded any.

My question is what can I do.

Reply her emails with - let-us like:

- thanks for your email

- thanks for remembering me

- or not to respond and be quite?

Thank.

Ok, my situation is really like yours cos she's started emailing me recently too! It's really weird cos they're really awkward emails like "hi, how are you?" and you'd never guess we were inseperable and best friends for so long! I've replied, but just saying "I'm fine thanks, how are you?" and stuff. I'm not going to stoop to her level and just start ignoring her cos I know how much that hurt me. But I do know that things will never be the same with us and I wouldn't even want them to be cos I really don't want a friend who'd be able to be so nasty completely out of the blue