Shy and waaaay too young looking..

I always have problems meeting girls, i've dated like maybe twice and that was back in highschool, had an online relationship for 4 years that ended badly and am nervous as hell about dating.. im 25 and still a virgin.. i look like im about 14 and have somewhat of a femenine look to my face which doesnt help cause im sure people look at me and think im a kid or a chick.. oh and to top it all off im 5 foot 4 inches tall... any advice..

well what can i say.. don't worry so much about the looks. it all comes down to personality, at least it has always been for me. i've dated my fair share of really shy and "ugly" guys and when i say ugly i mean.. guys that other girls wouldn't date, guys that my friends were embarrassed to be seen around with, etc etc. it didn't matter to me because i was attracted to them because of their personality!

my x boyfriend from some years ago was about 5'4, i'm 4'11 haha so for me anyone who is taller then me is all good. i woudn't date someone who is shorter then me though. just my preference!

u shouldn't be worried about not getting a girl right now. you're 24, u should just have fun and enjoy life, let the girls come to u, don't go looking for the girls specially if u are a shy guy.

being older and looking younger, nothing wrong with that!!! trust me when u get older you will feel great that u can carry your age well.

have u tried myspace hehe. there are a ton of different clubs you can join online (guessing u r more comfortable this way), find something that interest you, and join the clubs there, start getting to know people. myspace isn't really the place to go but it will enable u to meet ALOT of people!

my advice is, don't worry too much about the way you look. i go for the personality, looks don't matter to me so if i am someone like that, there are others like me out there!

omggg! roseknight. hahaha. i got the same problem! I'm a sophomore at the College of Charleston and I look like i'm 8...not body-wise...but face-wise and it creeps me out! hahaha...but i guess its not so bad....when we're 80, we'll thank God. ahha.

If that's a picture of you Allie, you look like 16 to 25 with early 20s being most likely. You're beautiful. I see nothing for you to complain about.

Besides, guys like young looking women. However, women often don't like young looking guys. So I can understand his problem. However, I don't think you have a problem at all. Just believe in yourself and you'll be fine.

You can both dress older. The way we dress can influence how old others perceive us to be by as much as plus or minus 5 years. I read that somewhere and I know it's true.

If I wear my suit and tie people think I'm 35, especially since I'm not wearing my baseball hat (1/3 bald).

If I wear my jeans and leather jacket, or letterman's jacket, people think I'm 25 to 28, if I keep my baseball hat on. If I take my hat off, they think I'm 30 to 32.

So my age range they guess is all the way from 25 to 35 depending on how I'm dressed.

Well, then I'm doomed.

You are not doomed. You can dress a bit older than you do. Also, another solution is to date women younger than you. You're 24? Nothing wrong with you dating 18, 19, and 20 year olds.

Every obstacle and problem is an opportunity is disguise. In this case, it's an opportunity to date hot young babes. So enjoy.

Hey, women near my age won't touch me with a pole. They don't even like to be seen with me in public because people think I'm 8+ years younger than them and that embarrasses them. However, younger women than me like my looks just fine. So instead of me thinking that a problem, I think "All right!!!!!!!!" and go with the flow and be happy that young ladies 23 to 28 like me. I'm going to enjoy that and not complain.

See, it's all what you make of it. As you young looking folks get older, all this will work more and more to your advantage. In your 30s, you're going to have it made.

Make this a positive thing. It can be positive if you run with it. Go ahead and date younger people and be happy. No more complaining about looking young yourself. Many would love to have your problem.

Even so, if you want to still look older, then dress the part and you'll be perceived at least 5 years older or more. However, why do that? You're blessed. Be thankful.

Yeah, you're probably right. I hate it now, but in ten years I'll love it. Hell, when I'm 40, I can date 18 year olds and not even get dirty looks for it! lol

And being my age, I would tend to date younger women. I typically am attracted to the 18-20 range. I tend to seldom go for girls my own age or older. In fact, I never go for older women.

The thing is, it's all genetics. My parents both look a good ten years younger than their actual ages. I guess I should be thankful and shut up.

Quite right, quite right. Dating younger chicks rocks. lol

My above post was primarily for young looking guys.

For young looking women, guys love that AFTER they find out you're actually old enough for them to date. So if you can slip your actual age into the conversation (Allie), then they're probably going to be eating that up and want to ask you out.

For example, I met a young lady in the waiting room at the doctor's office (a few years ago). She was another patient. She looked like a very beautiful 16 or 17 year old based on her face, and she had a rockin figure. I was very attracted to her, but feeling totally guilty about it because I thought she was underaged. I remember mentally telling myself, "shame on you. stop thinking about her, she's probably 17". Turns out she was 29 and when I found that out I was so excited I actually got excited. Sadly I was to shy to ask her out, even though she'd given me every possible green light. However, I sure wanted to. I had no ideas about actually asking her out until she told me her actual age and when I found out she was old enough, oh man I wanted her.

I had a similar experience about 2.5 months ago with a beautiful gal who looked 17 or 18, but turned out to in fact be 26. Once I knew her actual age, I started making plans to ask her out. However, I got sick and was out of action for 2 months. So I never did. Mmm. Time to go visit her again.

Anyway, guys like young looking babes just fine once they find out they're actually old enough after all. So Allie, you need to work your actual age into the conversation some how. I assume you are 19 or 20? Once they know that and aren't afraid your 16, then they'll be after you like everything.

Yeah, you're probably right. I hate it now, but in ten years I'll love it. Hell, when I'm 40, I can date 18 year olds and not even get dirty looks for it! lol

And being my age, I would tend to date younger women. I typically am attracted to the 18-20 range. I tend to seldom go for girls my own age or older. In fact, I never go for older women.

The thing is, it's all genetics. My parents both look a good ten years younger than their actual ages. I guess I should be thankful and shut up.

Quite right, quite right. Dating younger chicks rocks. lol

Do you at least look old enough to successfully date 18-20 year olds? If so, I have no sympathy for you. Why should I have sympathy for a lucky guy? If not, then dress older, and you'll look older, and then do fine with 18 to 20 year olds. Maybe 21 year olds too then.

Do you at least look old enough to successfully date 18-20 year olds?

Go look at my pictures.

Poor Kevin. Looking good, looking young.

Life's not fair.

I'm not so sure about the 'good' part, Dako.

But I definitely look about 18 or so. I get IDed (in Canada legal age is 19) all the time.

What's the link? If the legal age is 19, then try to look at least 20, if you can. I think the young ladies would like you better if you can look 20 or 21. Even the 18 year olds probably would.

That's too bad. I have no intention of changing. Oh well.

The link's on page 13 of my topic here.

Just an aside: do not depend on abnormally youthful looks remaining as a permanent crutch. For much of my life, people always guessed my age as about ten years lower than my actual age (and when I look back at pictures of myself at 25, I can see why - I still looked like I had not yet hit puberty). However, about the time I reached 40, that youthful look kind of went "poof". Now, no one has any trouble guessing my actual age, and it seemed to change literally overnight.

Just an aside: do not depend on abnormally youthful looks remaining as a permanent crutch. For much of my life, people always guessed my age as about ten years lower than my actual age (and when I look back at pictures of myself at 25, I can see why - I still looked like I had not yet hit puberty). However, about the time I reached 40, that youthful look kind of went "poof". Now, no one has any trouble guessing my actual age, and it seemed to change literally overnight.

My parents both look a good ten to fifteen years younger than they actually are, so I don't think I've got much to be worried over.

• 2 weeks later...