I like a guy at work

I'm 22 and have just started working at this company alongside another guy, who is also new. The thing is I really fancy him, is it a good idea to pursue it? How would I find out if he likes me too?

Most people always told me "dont pursue a guy at work"...since i liked my coworker too.

I would say...go for it, but then actually it is a pretty risky thing, especially if it doesnt go well. I would proceed with caution.

As for him liking you...guys are usually obvious. Is he taking an interest in you? being friendly?

Girlie219, I met my bf at work. We were in two different offices so we didnt see each other every day at work. For a while, before he quit, we were in the same office and would go to work together. It wasnt bad. We tried to keep it a secret, and that was fun too. Just ask him out, that is what I did, and a year later we are doing great.

I'd say go for it, but be wary of the consequences.

I've worked in a few different offices over the last couple of years, and have found that when in a new environment like that, it's easy to grasp at straws for companionship. You guys could end up being great friends, which will make work even more fun.

Then again, seems so many workplace romances end up in marriage. My parents, and grandparents even...

Well we'd be sitting next to each other every day. Do you think I should ask if he wants to go to the pub after work? Theres one nearby, or is that too forward?

You could do a group thing is possible that might make it easier or plan something w/ some of your friends as casually ask him what he's doing tonight and if he's not doing anything tell invite him to go...or something along those lines